The Charleston RiverDogs take on the Lexington Legends in game four of their opening week series. The RiverDogs have taken the last two games of the series after dropping the Opening Day contest. Brian Keller will make his first start of the season for Charleston.
- Hoy Park – 2B
- Diego Castillo – SS
- Blake Rutherford – LF
- Angel Aguilar – 3B
- Estevan Florial – CF
- Leonardo Molina – RF
- Carlos Vidal – DH
- Brandon Wagner – 1B
- Eduardo Navas – CBrian Keller – P
- Brian Keller was 1-0 with a 0.88 ERA splitting time between the Gulf Coast League Yankees West team, Pulaski and Staten Island in his first professional season. He was selected in the 39th round of the 2016 Draft.
- Top prospect Blake Rutherford is off to a hot start batting .455 with three RBI in his first three games in Charleston. He brought in the go-ahead run of last night’s game with a base hit that scored two runs to give the Dogs a 5-4 lead in the seventh. The Dogs would go on to beat Lexington 6-4.
- Anyelo Gomez earned his first save of the season by pitching two scoreless innings allowing one hit, one walk while striking out five.
- Hoy Jun Park is now going by Hoy Park. That was a preference he made know to the RiverDogs media director, Matt Dean, before the season.
Did you enjoy this article?
Pinstriped Prospects does not have a paywall. With your donation, we can continue to provide you the very best Yankees minor league coverage from the entire farm system.
Every donation helps us bring you features, interviews, videos, podcasts and more!