If you go off the win-loss record for the New York Yankees and their affiliates on Wednesday, then it was not a great day. In the seven games that were played (Trenton had a doubleheader), the teams combined for a 1-6 record. In those outings, only two starters ended up getting a decision (both of them were losses). Meanwhile, one hitter at Scranton Wilkes-Barre continued his power surge in June. Check out who else shined in the organization in tonight’s Pinstriped Performances.
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (43-20) ended up getting a split of their series against the Washington Nationals as they lost the game 5-4.
- Giancarlo Stanton (3-for-4) led the team in hits and he had an RBI single in the bottom of the third (35).
- Greg Bird went 2-for-4 and hit a solo home run in the second (3).
- Gleyber Torres (1-for-4) had his lone hit in the fifth when he hit a solo home run (12).
- Aaron Judge (1-for-3) picked up his 46th RBI of the year with a sacrifice fly in the first.
- Sonny Gray ended up getting a no-decision. Over five innings of work, he gave up four runs on seven hits, struck out a batter, and walked two on 89 pitches (51 strikes).
- Chasen Shreve (2-1) ended up taking the loss. He gave up a run on a hit and struck out two over two innings.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (30-34) lost their game against the Rochester Red Wings, 4-3.
- Billy McKinney (1-for-4) continued his power surge as he hit a solo home run in the bottom of the fourth (8). He has six home runs in 12 games this month.
- Chance Adams had a strong outing and did not get the win to show for it. He went seven innings, gave up two runs (one earned) on three hits, struck out five, and walked one on 106 pitches (69 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Cody Carroll ended up throwing a 1-2-3 eighth inning.
- Tommy Kahnle (1-1) gave up two runs on two hits and struck out one in the ninth as he took the loss.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (38-26) ended up splitting their doubleheader against the Bowie Baysox. They won Game 1, 4-3, but got blown out in Game 2 by a final score of 10-1.
- Chris Gittens (1-for-3, walk) had the game-winning single in the seventh (23).
- Zack Zehner (1-for-3) gave Trenton a 3-2 lead with a base hit in the fifth (18).
- Trey Amburgey went 2-for-4 and Billy Fleming was 3-for-4 in the victory.
- Domingo Acevedo went 3.1 innings, gave up two runs on five hits, struck out a batter, and walked one on 59 pitches (41 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Jordan Foley (3-1) got the win out of the bullpen. In 2.2 innings, he gave up a run on three hits, struck out three, and walked one.
- Caleb Frare gave up a hit, struck out a batter, and walked one in the seventh as he got his third save of the year.
- Ryan Bollinger (3-2) had a rough outing on the mound. In five innings of work, he gave up ten runs on ten hits, struck out five, and walked two on 78 pitches (55 strikes).
- Kaleb Ort gave up a hit in a scoreless sixth inning.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (34-32) ended up losing their third straight game to the Clearwater Threshers by a final score of 4-3.
- Brandon Wagner (2-for-3, walk) got the Tarpons on the board with a solo home run (12) in the top of the fourth.
- Isiah Gilliam went 2-for-4 and he had an RBI double in the eighth (38).
- Alexander Palma (1-for-3) gave Tampa the lead with a base hit in the eighth (22).
- Andrew Schwaab (0-2) ended up taking the loss in relief. He gave up two runs on one hit, struck out one, and walked one in 0.1 innings.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (31-33) lost to the Asheville Tourists, 4-3, in 11 innings.
- Carlos Vidal (0-for-3) had the other RBI when he hit a sacrifice fly in the third (6).
- Leonardo Molina (1-for-3) had the other extra-base hit for the Riverdogs (triple).
- Jio Orozco had a quality start in a no-decision. In six innings of work, he gave up three runs (two earned) on eight hits, struck out four, and walked two on 86 pitches (54 strikes).
- Dalton Higgins came in after Orozco and gave up two hits, struck out two, and walked two in three shutout innings.
- Braden Bristo (0-3) did not give up a hit in two innings. However, he gave up an unearned run in the 11th. He struck out a batter and walked one in the loss.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (7-3) dropped their game against the DSL Nationals, 14-6.
- Miguel Marte went 4-for-4 out of the leadoff spot with a solo home run (1), a double, and three RBIs (4,5,6).
- Anthony Valenzuela (1-for-5) hit a solo home run in the bottom of the second (1).
- Ronny Rojas (1-for-4) hit a two-run home run in the fifth (2). He is up to eight RBIs on the season.
- Alfred Vega (0-2) got the loss in his outing. He went 3.2 innings, gave up five runs (two earned) on nine hits, and struck out two.
- Jose Peguero gave up two hits, struck out four, and walked two in 1.2 scoreless innings of relief.
Did you enjoy this article?
Pinstriped Prospects does not have a paywall. With your donation, we can continue to provide you the very best Yankees minor league coverage from the entire farm system.
Every donation helps us bring you features, interviews, videos, podcasts and more!