As the New York Yankees are still on their All-Star break, six of the affiliates were in action on Wednesday with Charleston having the night off and the Gulf Coast League having their games rained out. In the seven games played, the teams combined for a 4-3. There were a total of three shutouts in the organization with the Yankee affiliate on the winning end of two of them. Plus, a pitcher in Tampa picked up his 10th win of the season. Find out who that pitcher was and more in our Pinstriped Performances:
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (50-44) were held to three hits in a 3-0 loss to the Toledo Mudhens.
- Shane Robinson had the other hit for Scranton (1-for-3, double).
- Josh Rogers (6-8) had a quality start in a loss. In six innings of work, he gave up three runs on five hits, struck out five, and walked three on 87 pitches (55 strikes).
- J.P. Feyereisen gave up a hit, struck out three, and walked one over two scoreless innings of relief.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (52-43) won their suspended game against the New Hampshire Fishercats, 3-2, and lost their originally scheduled game, 3-2.
- James Reeves gave up two runs on three hits and struck out three batters over the final two innings as he got his first save of the year.
- All three runs were scored by Trenton before the game was suspended.
- Trey Amburgey went 2-for-4 with a double.
- Jeff Hendrix (1-for-2, walk) had an RBI double in the sixth (14).
- Mandy Alvarez (1-for-2, walk) was the other Thunder player with a hit.
- Brian Keller (6-7) got the loss in his outing. He went 5.2 innings, gave up three runs on four hits, struck out five, and walked two on 88 pitches (53 strikes).
- Caleb Frare stuck out the only batter he faced in the sixth.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (48-48) got their record back to .500 with a 10-3 win over the Charlotte Stone Crabs.
- Rashad Crawford was 4-for-4 with a double and an RBI (6).
- Brandon Wagner (1-for-4, walk) hit a two-run home run in the top of the second (19) and drove in three runs (52,53,54).
- Ricky Surum went 2-for-5 and drove in his first two runs of the year with the Tarpons.
- Angel Aguilar was 2-for-5 with an RBI double (27).
- Diego Castillo went 3-for-5 with an RBI (33).
- Adonis Rosa (10-3) got to double-digit wins for the year. He went six innings, gave up three runs on nine hits, struck out five, and walked two on 99 pitches (61 strikes).
- Kaleb Ort struck out four batters and walked two over two hitless innings.
- Andrew Schwaab walked a batter and did not give up a hit in the ninth.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (18-14) held the Vermont Lake Monsters to two hits in a 10-0 win.
- Eric Wagaman went 2-for-4 with a double and hit a two-run home run in the top of the seventh (3).
- Brandon Lockridge (2-for-5) had a double and drove in two runs (4,5).
- Junior Soto and Danienger Perez both went 1-for-4 with an RBI. Soto had a walk and drove in his 15th run of the year while Perez now has four RBIs.
- Rodney Hutchison made his first pro start. He gave up a hit, struck out four, and walked two over three shutout innings on 46 pitches (27 strikes).
- Garrett Mundell threw a 1-2-3 fourth inning.
- Nolan Martinez (3-0) got the win in relief. He struck out four batters and walked two while not giving up a hit in three innings.
- Chase Hodson preserved the shutout by allowing only one hit and striking out two hitters in the last two innings.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (12-16) had a combined one-hitter in their 4-0 win over the Danville Braves.
- Robert Javier went 2-for-3 and had an RBI double in the top of the fifth (7).
- Nelson Gomez (1-for-3, walk) hit a solo home run in the ninth (5).
- Alexander Vizcaino (1-2) got his first win of the year. He went seven innings, allowed no runs on one hit, struck out six, and walked one on 78 pitches (54 strikes).
- Ron Marinaccio struck out three batters and walked one while not giving up a hit in the final two innings.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): Both the GCL East (8-15) and West (13-10) had their games postponed on Wednesday due to rain.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (16-23) were blown out by DSL Cardinals Blue, 17-4.
- Angel Rojas (1-for-4) hit a solo home run in the bottom of the first (2).
- Deivi Munoz went 2-for-4 with a triple and a pair of RBIs (3,4).
- Anthony Valenzuela had the other multi-hit game as he went 2-for-4.
- Carlos Santana (1-1) did not get past the first inning in his start (0.2 innings). He allowed seven runs (four earned) on six hits and struck out a batter.
- Joensy Abreu allowed one unearned run on two hits over three innings.
- Albert Carrizo gave up a hit and walked a batter over 1.1 scoreless innings of relief.