#Yankees fans vote now for the Pinstriped Performer of the Night.
Who had the best #MiLB performance in the organization tonight?
See the top performances here: https://t.co/bgIIg484SV
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) May 3, 2019
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Triple-A): The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (12-12) defeated the Rochester Red Wings, 7-3.
- Gosuke Katoh: 3-for-4, 3 runs scored, 1 RBI, 1 walk, 1 double, 1 home run, committed a fielding error
Katoh is hitting .474/.535/.763 in his last 10 games with three home runs. The former second-round pick is hitting .366 in his first taste of AAA. He is currently behind Dermis Garcia and Chris Gittens for the organizational lead in home runs.
- Mandy Alvarez: 3-for-5, 1 run scored, 2 RBI, 1 double
- Ryan McBroom: 1-for-3, 2 runs scored, 1 RBI 1 walk
McBroom has a five-game hit streak for the RailRiders.
- Ryan Lavarnway: 1-for-3, 2 RBI, 2 walks, committed an error on a pickoff attempt.
- Billy Burns: 1-for-5
- Zack Zehner: 1-for-4, 1 RBI
- Billy Fleming: 1-for-3, 1 run scored, 1 walk
- David Hale: 5.2IP 8H 3R 2ER 1BB 2SO
Threw 63/97 pitches for strikes (65%).
- Rex Brothers: 1.1IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 3SO
Threw 18/24 pitches for strikes (75%).
- Jake Barrett: 2IP 0H 0R 0ER 2BB 3SO
Threw 16/30 pitches for strikes (53%).
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Trenton Thunder (15-9) fell to the Harrisburg Senators, 7-4.
- Kyle Holder: 1-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 home run, 2 RBI
- Ben Ruta: 1-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 RBI
Ruta has reached base in his last 11 games for the Thunder and is hitting .390 for the season. He has reached base in 20/21 games so far this season. He is hitting slightly better on the road (.390/.490/.643) than at home (.389/.500/.528).
- Chris Gittens: 1-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 RBI, 1 home run
Gittens has a seven-game hit streak going, with five home runs in his last five games. He is presently tied with Dermis Garcia for the organizational lead in the minor leagues.
- Adonis Rosa: 4.1IP 7H 6R 6ER 3BB 1SO
Threw 51/79 pitches for strikes (65%). This was Rosa’s second start of the season after the Thunder have experienced a rash of injuries to their starting rotation. He is struggling this season with a 5.59 ERA in six games.
- Greg Weissert: 3.2IP 3H 1R 1ER 0BB 2SO
Threw 25/39 pitches for strikes (64%). This was Weissert’s Double-A debut after being called up from High-A Tampa.
Tampa Tarpons (Class-A Advanced): The Tampa Tarpons (12-15) defeated the Charlotte Stone Crabs, 6-5.
- Diego Castillo: 1-for-4, 1 run scored
Castillo now has a 16-game hit streak, he is 20-for-61 (.327) during that stretch. His hit streak has seen his batting average raised from .029 to .221.
- Miguel Andujar: 2-for-4, 1 run scored, 2 RBI, 1 home run
This should be Andujar’s last rehab game with the Tarpons
- Dermis Garcia: 1-for-4, 2 runs scored, 1 RBI, 1 home run
Garcia is now tied with Chris Gittens for the organizational lead in home runs.
- Donny Sands: 1-for-4, 1 run scored
- Welfrin Mateo: 1-for-4. 1 double, 1 RBI
- Miguel Yajure: 6IP 8H 5R 4ER 1BB 7SO
- Braden Bristo: 2IP 1H 0R 0ER 1BB 2SO
- Kyle Zurak: 1 IP 0H 0R 0ER 1BB 1SO
Charleston RiverDogs (Class-A): The Charleston RiverDogs (14-13) defeated the Kannapolis Intimidators, 4-0.
- Josh Stowers: 2-for-4, 2 runs scored
This was Stowers first game since being activated off the injured list. He has an eight-game hit streak going. He is 13-for-31 (.419) with three doubles during his streak. Overall this season he is hitting .324/.407/.408 with six doubles and two RBIs.
- Josh Breaux: 2-for-4, 1 RBI
Breaux has hit safely in six consecutive games, going 11-for-26 (.423) with three home runs and 12 RBIs over this time. He is hitting .299/.325/.481 in 19 games.
- Canaan Smith: 2-for-4, 1 RBI
Smith has a seven-game hit streak, going 10-for-24 (.417) during that time. Overall, he is hitting .286/.356/.444 in 19 games for Charleston.
- Nelson Gomez: 2-for-4
This was Gomez’s first hits since April 23 and first multi-hit game since April 15.
- Daniel Bies: 7IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 9SO
Threw 56/75 pitches for strikes (74%). Bies was a seventh round pick out of Gonzaga in the 2018 draft and has caught the attention of several scouts. This was Bies second start of the season and he has allowed just three hits and struck out 17 batters in 12 2/3 innings over those two starts after he allowed 11 earned runs on 18 hits and nine walks with 17 strikeouts in 11 2/3 innings out of the bullpen.
- Dalton Higgins: 2IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 3SO
Threw 16/22 pitches for strikes (73%). Higgins has not walked a batter yet this season, while striking out 19 in 14 innings over seven games. Like Bies, Higgins was a seventh round pick, but was selected in the 2017 draft.