See the top performances here: https://t.co/V8XKavCi6J
— Pinstriped Prospects (@PinstripedPros) April 19, 2019
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (8-10) lost to the Kansas City Royals 6-1 at Yankee Stadium
- Aaron Judge: 1-for-4 with a run scored
- Mike Ford: Made his MLB debut but did not record a hit.
- Clint Frazier: 2-for-4
- Domingo German: 6IP 3R 3ER 0BB 9SO
- Chad Green: 1IP 2H 2O 0R 0ER 0BB
- Joe Harvey: 1IP 0H 1R 1ER 1BB 1SO
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Triple-A): Scranton had a scheduled off day as they travel to Buffalo to face the Bisons on Friday.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (8-4) defeated the Portland Sea Dogs 3-1 in Portland.
- Kyle Holder: 1-for-4
- Wendell Rijo: 1-for-5 with a double and 1 run scored and an RBI
- Chris Gittens: 1-for-3 and 2 walks
- Rashad Crawford: 1-for-4 with an RBI
- Francisco Diaz: 1-for-3 with an RBI
- Jeff Hendrix: 1-for-3 with a run scored and a walk
- Albert Abreu: 4IP 6H 1R 1ER 4BB 2SO
Threw 43/85 pitches for strikes (51%), faced a total of 21 batters
- Trevor Lane: 2IP 0H 0R 0ER 2BB 3SO
Earned the victory, his first of the season, Lane has only allowed one run all season so far. He threw 22/36 pitches for strikes (61%)
- Domingo Acevedo: 2IP 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1SO
He threw 18/25 pitches for strikes (72%) Acevedo has yet to allow a run all season since moving to the bullpen full time. Opponents are only hitting .091 against him and he has allowed just 1 walk and 2 hits.
- Daniel Alvarez: 1IP 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1SO
Threw 8/10 pitches for strikes (80%). He earned his second save of the season. The 22-year-old was part of the 2013 international free agent class and completely skipped over Tampa, going from Charleston to Trenton. He has allowed runs to score in just one appearance this season and has struck out 10 batters in six innings.
Tampa Tarpons (Class-A Advanced): The Tarpons (5-10) lost to the Clearwater Threshers.
- Pablo Olivares: 1-for-3 2 runs scored, 1 walk and 1 RBI
Olivares as a seven-game hitting streak going
- Diego Castillo: 1-for-3
He has a little streak going, hitting safely in his last five games. His season average is up to .118 after not getting a base hit in his first six games
- Oswaldo Cabrera: 1-for-3
- Dermis Garcia 1-for-4
- Steven Sensley: 1-for-4
- Jason Lopez: 2-for-4
He had a double and a home run
- Chris Hess: 1-for-4
- Glenn Otto: 5.2 IP 8H 5R 4ER 0BB 8SO
Otto threw 61/92 pitches for strikes (66%).
- Jefry Valdez: 1.1IP 4H 5R 5ER 2BB 0SO
Threw 22/39 pitches for strikes (56%). Was acquired by the Yankees from the Colorado Rockies in exchange for Jordan Foley.
- Kyle Zurak: 1IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 0SO
Threw 7/10 pitches for strikes (70%). Zurak has allowed just 1 earned run all season. This was his first single-inning appearances of the year.
Charleston RiverDogs (Class-A): The RiverDogs (7-7) lost to the Augusta Green Jackets 7-5.
- Josh Stowers: 1-for-4 1 run scored 1 walk
- Josh Breaux: 1-for-4
- Eric Wagaman: 1-for-3 1 run scored, 1 RBI, 1 walk
- Canaan Smith: 1-for-3, 3RBI, 1walk
Canaan’s lone hit was a 3-run home run in the seventh inning. It was his first home run of the season. He also threw a runner out at second base.
- Eduardo Torrealba: 1-for-3, 1 walk
Torrealba is quietly hitting .298/.340/.319 on the season. The Yankees signed him as a free agent after his original contract with the Red Sox was voided by MLB as punishment for Boston violating IFA signing rules.
- Tanner Myatt: 1IP 0H 0R 0ER 3BB 0SO
Myatt only pitched the first inning before being taken out of the game for an unknown reason. He threw 12/27 pitches for strikes (44%).
- Daniel Bies: 4IP 8H 7R 6ER 5BB 7SO
Bies was a seventh-round pick of the Yankees last year and impressed some scouts. He worked primarily as a starter in college (25/35 games were starts). He threw 56/85 pitches for strikes (66%).
- Dalton Higgins: 3IP 3H 0R 0ER 0B 3SO
Higgins threw 28/37 pitches for strikes (76%).