All in all, Sunday was a winning day in the New York Yankees organization. In the seven games that were played, the affiliates had a record of 5-2. The big league club picked up an extra-inning win while Tampa threw a combined two-hit shutout. While one affiliate’s win streak came to an end, another one increased theirs to four. Find out who those teams were and much more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (58-29) secured a series win over the Toronto Blue Jays with a 2-1 victory in ten innings.
- Brett Gardner went 1-for-5 with his lone hit being the game-winning single in the 10th (25).
- Giancarlo Stanton (2-for-5) had the lone extra-base hit for the Yankees (double).
- Aaron Judge also had a multi-hit game (2-for-4, walk).
- Domingo German went six innings, gave up a run on four hits, struck out five, and walked two on 100 pitches (64 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Adam Warren gave up two hits and struck out three in two scoreless innings.
- Chad Green (5-1) struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth as he got the win.
- David Robertson struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 10th as he got his second save.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (46-41) hung on to defeat the Pawtucket Red Sox, 3-2.
- Bruce Caldwell went 1-for-3 with a walk and he got the scoring started with a solo home run in the second (5).
- Shane Robinson (1-for-4, stolen base) and Mark Payton (1-for-3) had the other hits for Scranton Wilkes-Barre.
- Justus Sheffield (3-3) picked up the win in his start. He went 5.1 innings, gave up a run on five hits, struck out seven, and walked two on 89 pitches (51 strikes).
- Stephen Tarpley went two innings, gave up a run on a hit, struck out four batters, and walked one out of the bullpen.
- Cody Carroll struck out two in a 1-2-3 ninth to pick up his ninth save of the year.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (49-38) lost to the Altoona Curve 3-2 in walk-off fashion.
- Billy Fleming (1-for-4) got the scoring started with a single in the top of the fourth (19).
- Jorge Saez went 1-for-3 with an RBI single in the seventh (4).
- Devyn Bolasky (1-for-4) had the lone extra-base hit (triple).
- Brody Koerner (1-1) took the loss out of the bullpen. He gave up a run on four hits and struck out a batter over the course of two innings.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (44-42) held the Lakeland Flying Tigers to two hits in a 3-0 win.
- Diego Castillo had the lone multi-hit game of the afternoon (2-for-5).
- David Metzgar (1-for-4, walk) had an RBI single in the top of the ninth (4).
- Daniel Barrios (1-for-4) drove in a run on a single in the ninth as well (1).
- Phillip Diehl was dominant out of the bullpen. He struck out all six batters he faced in two innings.
- Greg Weissert and Matt Wivinis both threw a perfect inning in the eighth and ninth respectively. Wivinis picked up his sixth save of the year.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs scored five runs in the top of the ninth en route to a 9-6 win over the Columbia Fireflies. They have won four games in a row.
- Carlos Vidal went 4-for-4 with a double and he hit a solo home run in the fifth (3).
- Dermis Garcia (2-for-4, walk) hit a solo shot in the eighth (7).
- Matt McPhearson went 2-for-4 and had the go-ahead single in the ninth (10).
- Wilkerman Garcia was 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles and three runs scored.
- Rony Garcia got the no-decision in his outing. In 5.1 innings of work, he gave up four runs on four hits, struck out four, and walked two on 85 pitches (57 strikes).
- Dalton Higgins (4-2) got the win in relief. He gave up an unearned run on two hits and walked a batter in 2.2 innings.
- Kyle Zurak allowed a run on one hit, struck out a batter, and walked one in the ninth.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (10-13) had their five-game win streak come to an end as they lost 2-1 to the Brooklyn Cyclones.
- Josh Breaux went 1-for-4 in his Staten Island debut. His lone hit was a single in the first inning against Noah Syndergaard.
- Andres Chaparro (1-for-3, walk) and Frederick Cuevas (1-for-4) had the other hits for Staten Island.
- Shawn Semple (1-2) went three innings, gave up a run on three hits, and struck out four out of the bullpen in the loss.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (8-11) defeated the Johnson City Cardinals by a final score of 5-4.
- Max Burt went 2-for-3 with a double and he drove in the game-winning run on a base hit in the top of the ninth (7).
- Griffin Garabito (1-for-3) drove in his first run of the year with a single in the fifth.
- Everson Pereira was 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI single (10).
- Wellington Caceres went 4.2 innings, allowed three runs on seven hits, and struck out five on 71 pitches (48 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Glimael Troya allowed three hits, struck out four batters, and walked one in 2.1 scoreless innings.
- Carlos Espinal (2-0) gave up a run on two hits and struck out four over two innings in the win.