All in all, Sunday was a winning day in the New York Yankees organization. In the seven games that were played, the affiliates had a record of 5-2. The big league club picked up an extra-inning win while Tampa threw a combined two-hit shutout. While one affiliate’s win streak came to an end, another one increased theirs to four. Find out who those teams were and much more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (58-29) secured a series win over the Toronto Blue Jays with a 2-1 victory in ten innings.
- Brett Gardner went 1-for-5 with his lone hit being the game-winning single in the 10th (25).
- Giancarlo Stanton (2-for-5) had the lone extra-base hit for the Yankees (double).
- Aaron Judge also had a multi-hit game (2-for-4, walk).
- Domingo German went six innings, gave up a run on four hits, struck out five, and walked two on 100 pitches (64 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Adam Warren gave up two hits and struck out three in two scoreless innings.
- Chad Green (5-1) struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth as he got the win.
- David Robertson struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 10th as he got his second save.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (46-41) hung on to defeat the Pawtucket Red Sox, 3-2.
- Bruce Caldwell went 1-for-3 with a walk and he got the scoring started with a solo home run in the second (5).
- Shane Robinson (1-for-4, stolen base) and Mark Payton (1-for-3) had the other hits for Scranton Wilkes-Barre.
- Justus Sheffield (3-3) picked up the win in his start. He went 5.1 innings, gave up a run on five hits, struck out seven, and walked two on 89 pitches (51 strikes).
- Stephen Tarpley went two innings, gave up a run on a hit, struck out four batters, and walked one out of the bullpen.
- Cody Carroll struck out two in a 1-2-3 ninth to pick up his ninth save of the year.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (49-38) lost to the Altoona Curve 3-2 in walk-off fashion.
- Billy Fleming (1-for-4) got the scoring started with a single in the top of the fourth (19).
- Jorge Saez went 1-for-3 with an RBI single in the seventh (4).
- Devyn Bolasky (1-for-4) had the lone extra-base hit (triple).
- Brody Koerner (1-1) took the loss out of the bullpen. He gave up a run on four hits and struck out a batter over the course of two innings.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (44-42) held the Lakeland Flying Tigers to two hits in a 3-0 win.
- Diego Castillo had the lone multi-hit game of the afternoon (2-for-5).
- David Metzgar (1-for-4, walk) had an RBI single in the top of the ninth (4).
- Daniel Barrios (1-for-4) drove in a run on a single in the ninth as well (1).
- Phillip Diehl was dominant out of the bullpen. He struck out all six batters he faced in two innings.
- Greg Weissert and Matt Wivinis both threw a perfect inning in the eighth and ninth respectively. Wivinis picked up his sixth save of the year.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs scored five runs in the top of the ninth en route to a 9-6 win over the Columbia Fireflies. They have won four games in a row.
- Carlos Vidal went 4-for-4 with a double and he hit a solo home run in the fifth (3).
- Dermis Garcia (2-for-4, walk) hit a solo shot in the eighth (7).
- Matt McPhearson went 2-for-4 and had the go-ahead single in the ninth (10).
- Wilkerman Garcia was 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles and three runs scored.
- Rony Garcia got the no-decision in his outing. In 5.1 innings of work, he gave up four runs on four hits, struck out four, and walked two on 85 pitches (57 strikes).
- Dalton Higgins (4-2) got the win in relief. He gave up an unearned run on two hits and walked a batter in 2.2 innings.
- Kyle Zurak allowed a run on one hit, struck out a batter, and walked one in the ninth.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (10-13) had their five-game win streak come to an end as they lost 2-1 to the Brooklyn Cyclones.
- Josh Breaux went 1-for-4 in his Staten Island debut. His lone hit was a single in the first inning against Noah Syndergaard.
- Andres Chaparro (1-for-3, walk) and Frederick Cuevas (1-for-4) had the other hits for Staten Island.
- Shawn Semple (1-2) went three innings, gave up a run on three hits, and struck out four out of the bullpen in the loss.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (8-11) defeated the Johnson City Cardinals by a final score of 5-4.
- Max Burt went 2-for-3 with a double and he drove in the game-winning run on a base hit in the top of the ninth (7).
- Griffin Garabito (1-for-3) drove in his first run of the year with a single in the fifth.
- Everson Pereira was 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI single (10).
- Wellington Caceres went 4.2 innings, allowed three runs on seven hits, and struck out five on 71 pitches (48 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Glimael Troya allowed three hits, struck out four batters, and walked one in 2.1 scoreless innings.
- Carlos Espinal (2-0) gave up a run on two hits and struck out four over two innings in the win.
Did you enjoy this article?
Pinstriped Prospects does not have a paywall. With your donation, we can continue to provide you the very best Yankees minor league coverage from the entire farm system.
Every donation helps us bring you features, interviews, videos, podcasts and more!