For the second consecutive day, the New York Yankees organization had a 4-2 record in the six games that were played. In total, there were 40 runs scored in those games and one player drove in five of those runs for Tampa. The big league club used the long ball to continue their win streak and a grand slam in Trenton helped propel the Thunder to a win. Check out some of the other key performances from Saturday’s action:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (42-18) rallied from an early deficit to claim their fourth straight win, 4-3, over the New York Mets.
- Miguel Andujar went 2-for-4 and hit a game-tying two-run home run in the top of the sixth (8).
- Aaron Judge (1-for-4) broke the tie in the eighth with a solo home run (18).
- Gleyber Torres (1-for-3, walk) got the Yankees on the board with a solo home run in the third (11).
- Didi Gregorius led the team in hits in the victory (3-for-4).
- Domingo German bounced back after a bad first inning. He went six innings, gave up three runs on five hits, and struck out nine on 96 pitches (71 strikes) in a no-decision.
- David Robertson (5-2) gave up a hit and struck out a batter in the seventh as he got the win.
- Dellin Betances struck out the side in a perfect eighth inning.
- Aroldis Chapman walked two batters in the ninth and struck out two as he got his 17th save of the year.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (27-33) allowed 20 hits in their 9-4 loss to the Louisville Bats.
- Tyler Wade was 3-for-5 with a double and he hit a solo home run (1) in the bottom of the fifth.
- Billy McKinney (1-for-4) drove in a run (12) on a base hit in the third.
- Bruce Caldwell went 2-for-3 with a walk.
- Josh Rogers (5-5) had a rough night on the mound. He went 4.2 innings, gave up five runs on 13 hits, struck out three, and walked two on 87 pitches (55 strikes) in the loss.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (36-24) scored seven runs in the third inning en route to a 9-1 win over the Binghamton Rumble Ponies.
- Jhalan Jackson (1-for-4) hit a solo home run in the eighth (11). It is his second in as many nights.
- Zack Zehner was 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles and he drove in two runs (13,14).
- Dillon Tate (4-2) had a quality start for the Thunder. He went six innings, gave up one run on five hits, struck out five, and walked one on 85 pitches (57 strikes) in the win.
- Brody Koerner followed up Tate by giving up a hit and striking out one in two scoreless innings.
- Caleb Frare gave up a hit and struck out two in a scoreless ninth.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (33-29) bounced back after a tough loss last night with an 11-2 win over the Bradenton Marauders.
- Diego Castillo went 3-for-3 with two walks, a double, a stolen base, and he drove in five runs (18,19,20,21,22).
- Alexander Palma (2-for-5) drove in two runs (19,20) with a base hit in the bottom of the eighth.
- Dom Thompson-Williams (1-for-4) hit a solo home run in the eighth (5).
- Garrett Whitlock (2-0) went five innings, gave up one run on five hits, struck out three, and walked one on 91 pitches (54 strikes) in the win.
- Hobie Harris gave up a run on two hits and struck out four in 2.2 innings.
- Matt Wivinis struck out four and walked one over the final 1.1 innings of the game.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (29-31) lost to the Greenville Drive by a final score of 5-1.
- Pablo Olivares had the other multi-hit game of the night in the loss (2-for-4, double)
- Rony Garcia (2-3) went 4.2 innings, gave up five runs (three earned) on three hits and struck out three on 91 pitches (62 strikes) in the defeat.
- Dalton Higgins struck out 5 of the 11 batters he faced in 3.1 perfect innings of relief.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (5-2) stole eight bases as they defeated the DSL Angels, 11-4.
- Roberto Chirinos was the team’s leader in hits (3-for-5). He had a double, drove in a run (4), and stole a base.
- Antonio Cabello went 2-for-4 with a triple, an RBI (1), and he stole two bases.
- Madison Santos was 2-for-5 with a double, a triple, and an RBI (4).
- Raimfer Salinas (0-for-3, two walks) and Ronny Rojas (1-for-3, double, RBI) each stole two bases in the win. Rojas now has five RBIs on the season.
- Juan Crisp went 2-for-5 with a double and an RBI (3).
- Wellington Diaz got the start and went 4.1 innings. He gave up two runs on four hits, struck out eight, and walked one.
- Deivi Diaz (1-0) got the win in relief. He struck out five batters and walked one in 2.2 scoreless innings. He has 14 strikeouts in his first two appearances of the year.
Did you enjoy this article?
Pinstriped Prospects does not have a paywall. With your donation, we can continue to provide you the very best Yankees minor league coverage from the entire farm system.
Every donation helps us bring you features, interviews, videos, podcasts and more!