While the Arizona Fall League enters its final stretch, the Caribbean winter leagues are going strong. As we move into November and December, more and more prospects will head south to get some additional time on the field, whether it is for a week or a month.
Many Yankees minor leaguers are already down there, showing off their skills.
Dominican Winter League (Liga de Beisbol Dominicano)
- Adonis Rosa made waves on Sunday, November 4 when he pitched three perfect innings of relief for Gigantes del Cibao.
- Rosa struck out four batters after coming in relief in the fourth inning and had success against some former Yankees such as Abraham Almonte and Jorge Mateo.
- Rosa has not allowed a hit since his first appearance of the season on October 19 against Tigres del Licey.
- He had a hitless inning of relief on November 2, walking one batter.
- Opponents are hitting just 0.80 against him so far this season.
- Right-hander Raynel Espinal joins Rosa in the bullpen for Cibao.
- Espinal has had two relief appearances this past week, allowing two earned runs in 2 2/3 innings of work and striking out three batters.
- Hanser Alberto, the newest Yankee, is hitting .345/.397/.466 in 14 games with Gigantes del Cibao.
- This past week he has nine hits in the last week including a double.
- Joe Harvey made his winter league debut on November 4 for Toros del Este. He pitched one perfect inning, striking out all three batters he faced.
- Albert Abreu made his season start for Tigres del Licey, allowing one earned run on three hits in two innings of work on November 4.
- Gio Urshela made his 2018 winter league debut with Licey.
- He is hitting .222/.222/.389 in five games so far this winter.
- Carlos Espinal had one relief appearance this past week for Leones del Escogido; he allowed one unearned run on a hit in 2 2/3 innings of work.
- His season ERA is now 4.26 and has not allowed an earned run in his last two appearances.
- Catcher Wilkin Castillo was 1-for-4 during this past week, appearing in just one game for Leones del Escogido.
- Left-handed pitcher Nestor Cortes had one appearance this past week.
- He struck out seven batters over 5 1/3 innings of work for Estrellas Orientales on October 30.
- His season ERA has lowered to 1.25, and he has 29 strikeouts in 21 2/3 innings.
Mexican Pacific League (Liga Mexicana del Pacifico)
- Ryan McBroom, the lone Yankee in the Mexican Pacific League, is hitting .246/.325/.391 in 19 games for Tomateros de Culiacan with five doubles, a triple and one home run while driving in 12 runs.
- He has had four hits his past week, including a double.
Venezuelan Winter League (Liga Venezuela Beisbol Profesional)
- Anderson Munoz had had two appearances this past week for Aguilas del Zulia
- On November 2 he struck out one and walked on in 2/3 of an inning.
- He pitched another 2/3 of an inning on November 4, striking out two and allowing one hit.
- Angel Aguilar is hitting .348/.375/.435 in 10 games for Aguilas del Zulia.
- He played in just two games this past week and did not record a hit in either.
- Daniel Alvarez made one relief appearance this past week for Cardenales de Lara.
- He struck out two batters and allowed a hit in 2 1/3 innings of work.
- Wilkerman Garcia has not played this past week but is hitting .375/.412/.563 in six games for Navegantes del Magallanes.
- Catcher Francisco Diaz has been playing regularly for Bravos de Margarita.
- This past week he has three hits in four games.
- Overall, he is hitting .267/.333/.367 in 14 games.