With Trenton having the night off, there were four games that took place in the New York Yankees organization on Monday. As the teams combined for a 1-3 record, the theme of the night was the long ball. In those four games, there were ten combined home runs. That is even with one team not even scoring a run. Check out some of the key performances from Monday night’s action:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (31-13) hit five home runs in a 10-5 win over the Texas Rangers. They have now won three games in a row.
- Gleyber Torres went 2-for-3 and drove in three runs (16,17,18). Both hits left the yard as he had a two-run home run in the top of the second and a solo shot in the sixth against Bartolo Colon.
- Neil Walker was 2-for-5 with a double, a pair of RBIs (12,13) and he had a solo home run in the fourth (1).
- Aaron Judge (2-for-5) had a double and hit a solo home run in the fifth to break a 4-4 tie (12).
- Aaron Hicks (1-for-4) hit the fifth home run for the Yankees, a two-run home run in the ninth (5).
- Masahiro Tanaka (5-2) did not have a great outing, but he got the win. He went five innings, gave up four runs on three hits, struck out three, and walked four on 76 pitches (43 strikes).
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (19-23) lost the series opener to the Pawtucket Red Sox, 5-4. They have now lost four games in a row.
- Clint Frazier went 2-for-4 and hit a solo home run (4) in the top of the first inning.
- Greg Bird (1-for-3, walk) hit a two-run home run (1) in the same inning during his first rehab game with Scranton.
- Adam Lind had the other multi-hit game of the night (2-for-4) and Brandon Drury (1-for-3, walk) had the other RBI when he grounded out in the third (6).
- Brady Lail (4-2) ended up taking the loss in relief. In 1.2 innings of work, he gave up two runs on two hits, struck out one, and walked two.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): In a game where seven home runs were hit, the Tarpons (23-19) lost to the Charlotte Stone Crabs, 12-9.
- Angel Aguilar went 1-for-5 at the plate and he hit a two-run home run in the bottom of the third (2).
- Dom Thompson-Williams (1) had the other home run for the Tarpons when he hit a solo shot in the sixth.
- Diego Castillo was 3-for-5 with a pair of runs scored in the loss.
- Kellin Deglan (2-for-4) and Hoy Jun Park (2-for-5) had multi-hit games in the loss.
- Albert Abreu (1-1) had a rough night on the mound as he gave up four home runs. In four innings, he went seven runs on four hits, struck out six, and walked two on 81 pitches (44 strikes).
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (19-24) were held to only three hits in their 2-0 loss to the Augusta GreenJackets.
- Tommy Kahnle (0-1) made his first rehab appearance for Charleston. He gave up one run on three hits and struck out two over two innings. 20 of his 29 pitches were for strikes.
- Dalton Blaser (1-for-2) and Steven Sensley (1-for-4) each had a double in this game.
- Wilkerman Garcia (1-for-4) was the other player to record a hit.
Did you enjoy this article?
Pinstriped Prospects does not have a paywall. With your donation, we can continue to provide you the very best Yankees minor league coverage from the entire farm system.
Every donation helps us bring you features, interviews, videos, podcasts and more!