There was not much action in the New York Yankees organization on Monday night as the big league club and Trenton had the night off. Out of the four games that were played in the organization, the teams combined for a 3-1 record as Tampa took the lone loss. As for the winning squads, the Dominican Summer League team continued their great offensive start and one player on Scranton Wilkes-Barre and Charleston drove in at least four runs. Find out who those players were in tonight’s Pinstriped Performances:
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (28-33) routed the Rochester Red Wings by a final score of 10-3.
- Ryan McBroom (3-for-4) had one of his best nights of the season. He hit a three-run home run in the bottom of the fourth (7) and drove in five runs (17,18,19,20,21).
- Billy McKinney (1-for-4) hit a solo home run in the third.
- Abiatal Avelino (1-for-4) had an RBI single in the first (15).
- Bruce Caldwell (1-for-3) had an RBI double of his own in the same inning (8).
- Tyler Wade went 2-for-4 with a walk and three runs scored.
- David Hale (3-2) got the win in his start. He went five innings, gave up three runs on four hits, struck out four, and walked one on 96 pitches (62 strikes).
- Tommy Kahnle gave up a hit and struck out three batters in the eighth.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (34-30) only had three hits in their 4-1 loss to the Clearwater Threshers.
- Diego Castillo (1-for-4) and Isiah Gilliam (1-for-3) had the other two hits in the loss.
- Luis Cessa (0-1) made his first rehab start on Monday. He went 1.2 innings, gave up two runs on three hits, struck out a batter, and walked four on 46 pitches (19 strikes).
- Nick Nelson came in as a reliever due to Cessa’s rehab assignment. In 5.2 innings of work, he gave up two runs on seven hits, struck out four, and walked two.
- Brian Trieglaff and Trevor Lane each had one strikeout as their lone out that they recorded.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (31-31) got their record back to .500 with a 6-3 win over the Asheville Tourists.
- Welfrin Mateo (2-for-4) started the scoring with an RBI double in the third (2).
- Jason Lopez (2-for-4) drove in a run with a base hit in the fourth (17).
- Leonardo Molina went 3-for-4 with a pair of runs scored in the win.
- Deivi Garcia made his Riverdogs debut on the mound. He went five innings, gave up two runs on four hits, and struck out ten on 79 pitches (60 strikes) in a no-decision.
- Anderson Severino (2-1) got the win in relief. He gave up a run on one hit and struck out a batter in the eighth.
- Kyle Zurak struck out one in a perfect ninth inning as he got his sixth save.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (6-2) picked up their third straight win with a 13-4 victory over the DSL Angels. They have scored ten runs or more four times this season.
- Juan Crisp went 2-for-5 with two RBIs (4,5) and he hit a solo home run (1) in the top of the seventh.
- Nelson Medina went 2-for-5 with a triple and an RBI (3).
- Anthony Valenzuela (2-for-5) had a pair of doubles and drove in a run (1).
- Ronny Rojas (1-for-2) drew three of the team’s ten walks and had an RBI (6).
- Marco Naranjo was 1-for-2 and had a pair of RBIs (1,2).
- Abismael Villaman got the start. He went 3.2 innings, gave up three unearned runs on two hits, struck out three, and walked four.
- Thowar Martinez (1-0) got the win in relief. He went 4.1 innings, gave up an unearned run on one hit, struck out six, and walked three.
- Wilser Barrios struck out the side in a 1-2-3 ninth inning.
Did you enjoy this article?
Pinstriped Prospects does not have a paywall. With your donation, we can continue to provide you the very best Yankees minor league coverage from the entire farm system.
Every donation helps us bring you features, interviews, videos, podcasts and more!