Today was trade-deadline day. As expected, the New York Yankees were active buyers acquiring pitcher Sonny Gray from the Athletics for three minor leaguers.
Now, to the field where it was a light day but the organization still managed to go 5-1.
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees beat the Detroit Tigers 7-3 to improve their record to 57-47.
- Aaron Judge went 1 for 2 with a walk, two runs, and a pair of RBI. He hit his Major-League leading 34th home run.
- Chase Headley had three hits in his four at bats. He scored a run and drove in 2.
- Luis Severino didn’t have his sharpest stuff, but he battled through 5 innings, throwing 116 pitches. He struck out 8 and allowed just one run. For the season he has an 8-4 record with an ERA just under 3.00
- Tommy Kahnle, Dellin Betances, Jonathan Holder, and Aroldis Chapman combined to pitch four innings and add seven more strikeouts for a total of 15.
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Triple-A): The RailRiders had a scheduled day off keeping their record at 68-39.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder also had a planned day off. Their record is 72-34.
Tampa Yankees (High-A): Daytona managed to defeat Tampa via a walk off 1-0 win. Tampa drops to 63-44.
- Nick Solak went 0 for three but walked twice and stole a couple of bases.
- Jeff Hendrix was 2 for 4 with a walk
- Dillon Tate once again had a very strong outing, throwing 7.2 innings, allowing only five hits and a walk, with no runs and nine strikeouts. He lowered his ERA to 2.68.
Charleston RiverDogs (Class- A): 5-4 walk off win in 10 innings over the Fireflies. Their record improves to 58-48.
- Hoy Jun Park went 2 for 4 with a walk, two, runs scored, and 2 runs driven in. He hit his 6th HR of the season and scored the game ending run from second on a strikeout/ wild throw to first by the catcher.
- Adonis Rosa pitched six innings, allowing five hits and two runs (1earned) to go along with four strikeouts.
- David Sosebee contributed five strikeouts in His 2.2 frames.
State Island Yankees (Short Season-A): Field conditions were insufficient resulting in a postponement. The game will be made up as a doubleheader on Tuesday. Their record is 25-14.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie-Advance): The mini Yankees shut out Johnson City 7-0 to improve their record to 25-12.
- Dermis Garcia went 1 for 3 with a walk, 2 runs, two RBIs, and an HR (9). It’s his fourth straight game with a homer.
- Yeison Corredera was 2 For 4 with a triple.
- Steven Sensley went 2 for 3 with a walk, double, run, and RBI. He is currently batting .316.
- Alexander Vizcaino threw five innings with four hits, 0 runs. 0 walks, and 7 K.
- Jose Pujols 2 innings, 0 hits, 0 runs, one walk, and 3 K.
- Juan Jimenez 2 innings, one hit, two walks, 4 K
Gulf Coast League Yankees East and West (Rookie): Tropical storm Emily wrecked Havoc on the two Gulf Coast League Yankees, as both teams were canceled.
East Their record remains at 14-13.
West Record is 13-13.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The Yankees defeated the Angels 7-3 running their record to 20-29.
- Luis Santos went 2 for 4 with a walk and a run scored.
- Carlos Tatis went 1 for 3 with two walks, three runs, 2 RBIs and an HR(7). He is hitting .320
- Antonio Arias went 3 for 4 with a walk, two runs, two RBIs, a triple, and his first home run. He was a double shy of the cycle and raised his average to .371.
- Starlin Paulino went 2 for 4 with a triple and 3 RBIs.
- Yoendrys Gomez threw four innings, allowing 4 hits, 1 earns run, no walks and striking out 5.
Did you enjoy this article?
Pinstriped Prospects does not have a paywall. With your donation, we can continue to provide you the very best Yankees minor league coverage from the entire farm system.
Every donation helps us bring you features, interviews, videos, podcasts and more!