On a Monday where three affiliates had the day off, the New York Yankees organization had a 3-5 record in the eight games that were played. The big storyline was in Tampa where two pitchers combined for a no-hitter. However, it was not the outcome that you might think. Plus, this year’s First Round pick drove in his first three runs in the Rookie League. Find out about these players and much more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (69-42) snapped their five-game losing streak with a 7-0 win over the Chicago White Sox.
- Gleyber Torres went 2-for-5 with a solo home run in the top of the eighth (18) and two RBIs (51, 52).
- Didi Gregorius was 2-for-4 with a walk, a double, and an RBI single in the fifth (66).
- Neil Walker (2-for-4) hit a two-run home run in the eighth (4).
- Aaron Hicks (2-for-5) got the scoring started with an RBI single in the fourth (50).
- Lance Lynn (8-8) was very good in his first Yankees start. In 7.1 shutout innings, he allowed two hits, struck out nine, and walked one on 108 pitches (70 strikes) in a win.
- A.J. Cole was able to finish the shutout in the final 1.2 innings. He allowed one hit, struck out two batters, and walked one.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (55-59) lost both games of their doubleheader against the Clearwater Threshers. They lost Game 1, 4-3, in eight innings. Then, in Game 2, they threw a combined no-hitter in a 1-0 loss in eight innings.
- Dom Thompson-Williams went 1-for-3 with an RBI double in the first (37).
- Hoy Jun Park had the other hit for Tampa (1-for-4).
- Garrett Whitlock got the start. He went five innings, allowed two runs on six hits, struck out two, and walked two on 77 pitches (51 strikes).
- Hobie Harris allowed one run on two hits, struck out three, and walked one in two innings of relief.
- Greg Weissert (1-1) did not allow a hit in the eighth and took the loss. He allowed an unearned run and struck out one batter.
- Dom Thompson-Williams was 1-for-3 with a triple.
- Ben Ruta and Daniel Barrios had the other two hits as they both went 1-for-3.
- Deivi Garcia was perfect in a no-decision. He went seven innings and tied a career-high with 12 strikeouts on 82 pitches (56 strikes).
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (25-22) lost to the Aberdeen Ironbirds, 5-3.
- Eduardo Torrealba was the team leader in hits as he went 3-for-4.
- Jesus Bastidas was 1-for-4 with a walk and an RBI groundout in the ninth (10).
- Alex Junior went 1-for-3 with two walks out of the leadoff spot.
- Matt Sauer (2-4) took the loss on the mound. He went 5.1 innings, gave up five runs on 11 hits, and struck out four on 84 pitches (57 strikes).
- Garrett Mundell finished the game. Over the final 2.2 innings, he allowed no runs on four hits and struck out a batter.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (21-25) have won three straight games after their 10-5 win over the Princeton Rays.
- Nelson Gomez was 3-for-4 with an RBI (19).
- Mickey Gasper went 2-for-3 with two walks and three RBIs (15,16,17).
- Anthony Seigler was 1-for-4 and drove in his first three runs with Pulaski.
- Evan Alexander went 2-for-4 with a walk, a stolen base, and an RBI (9).
- Ezequiel Duran went 2-for-6 with a stolen base.
- Alexander Vizcaino (2-3) got the win in his start. He went five innings, allowed five runs (four earned) on ten hits, struck out four, and walked two.
- Gilmael Troya allowed three hits and struck out four over 2.1 scoreless innings of relief.
- Yoiber Marquina allowed one hit, struck out two, and walked one over the final 1.1 innings.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The West squad (17-21) lost 2-1 to GCL Tigers East while the East (14-24) defeated GCL Phillies West, 7-3.
- Borinquen Mendez was 2-for-5 with an RBI (9) and a stolen base.
- Ryder Green was 2-for-2 with a triple and an RBI (10).
- Brayan Jimenez went 1-for-3 with a pair of RBIs (6,7).
- Matt McGarry was 2-for-5 with an RBI (4).
- Asdrubal Alvarez went 2-for-3 with a double.
- Yoendrys Gomez went 4.2 innings, gave up three runs on seven hits, struck out two, and walked one in a no-decision.
- Tyler Johnson (1-0) struck out two batters, walked one, and did not give up a hit over 1.1 innings as he got the win.
- Derek Craft threw two perfect innings and struck out two.
- Alex Mejias threw a 1-2-3 ninth inning.
- Stanley Rosario was 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI (12).
- Roberto Chirinos (2-for-5) and Mitchell Robinson (2-for-3) had multi-hit games.
- Jose Martinez was 1-for-3 with a walk and a double.
- Albert Abreu (0-3) went 2.2 innings, gave up two runs (one earned) on two hits, struck out three, and walked two in a loss.
- Nelvin Correa allowed four hits and struck out a career-high eight batters over 4.2 scoreless innings.
- Wilser Barrios walked a batter and struck out one in a hitless ninth inning.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (22-33) lost 4-2 to DSL Mets 1.
- Deivi Munoz went 2-for-3 with a double and an RBI (16).
- Madison Santos was 2-for-4 with a triple and an RBI (20).
- Dionys Vallejo (1-for-3) and Juan Crisp (1-for-4, double) had the other two hits.
- Bias Castano (1-4) got the loss in his start. He went three innings, allowed four runs (two earned) on six hits and struck out a batter.
- Yon Castro came in after Castano. He allowed two hits and struck out three over four shutout innings.
- Abel Estevez threw a 1-2-3 eighth inning.