Friday the 13th was not a very lucky day in the New York Yankees organization. In the 11 games that were played (GCL West had a doubleheader), the teams combined for a 3-8 record with no team ahead of the Short-Season level getting a win. Staten Island had one of their outfielders have a pair of RBI doubles while a Pulaski starter gave up a run over six innings. Meanwhile, Trenton had a couple of players shine in an extra-inning loss. Find out those players were and more in our Pinstriped Performances:
New York Yankees (MLB): The Yankees (61-32) lost 6-5 to the Cleveland Indians.
- Giancarlo Stanton went 1-for-4 and hit a solo home run in the top of the ninth (23).
- Brett Gardner (0-for-3) drove in two runs without getting a hit (32,33).
- Neil Walker (1-for-3, walk) had an RBI double in the fifth (18).
- Greg Bird (2-for-4) and Tyler Wade (2-for-3) had multi-hit games for the Yankees.
- Domingo German (2-5) took the loss. In four innings of work, he gave up six runs on five hits, struck out six, and walked four on 91 pitches (52 strikes).
- Jonathan Holder allowed one hit, struck out two, and walked a batter in two scoreless innings.
- Chasen Shreve allowed two hits, struck out three, and walked one without allowing a run in the final two innings.
Scranton Wilkes-Barre Railriders (Triple-A): The Railriders (46-43) only had two hits in their 9-1 loss to the Rochester Red Wings.
- Francisco Diaz had the lone two hits of the game (2-for-3).
- Josh Rogers (6-7) went seven innings, gave up seven runs on 13 hits, and struck out two on 99 pitches (66 strikes).
- Raynel Espinal threw a 1-2-3 eighth inning.
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Thunder (50-40) lost to the Richmond Flying Squirrels, 7-6, in 10 innings.
- Devyn Bolasky (4-for-5) with an RBI single in the bottom of the fifth (9). He is hitting .404 in 27 games.
- Gosuke Katoh (1-for-4, walk) had an RBI double in the eighth (20).
- Trey Amburgey went 2-for-5 with a double and drove in his 50th run of the year on a base hit in the 10th.
- Jeff Hendrix (1-for-4) drove in three runs in this game (8,9,10).
- Jordan Foley allowed an unearned run on three hits and struck out two in two scoreless innings.
- David Sosebee (1-2) took the loss in relief. He gave up three runs (two earned) on four hits, struck out three, and walked two over 1.2 innings of work.
Tampa Tarpons (Single-A Advanced): The Tarpons (47-44) lost their series opener to the Dunedin Blue Jays, 9-2.
- Diego Castillo had the lone multi-hit game for Tampa (2-for-3, double, stolen base).
- Isiah Gilliam (0-for-4) drove in his 52nd run of the year.
- Hoy Jun Park (1-for-4) and Rashad Crawford (1-for-4) had the other hits for the Tarpons.
- Adonis Rosa (9-3) had a rough night on the mound. He went three innings, gave up four runs on five hits, struck out a batter, and walked four on 74 pitches (40 strikes).
- Matt Frawley gave up a hit and struck out four in 2.2 scoreless innings.
Charleston Riverdogs (Single-A): The Riverdogs (45-43) had their comeback effort fall short in a 7-6 loss to the Delmarva Shorebirds.
- Dermis Garcia went 2-for-4 and hit a three-run home run in the bottom of the eighth (8).
- Oswaldo Cabrera and Jason Lopez both went 2-for-4 for Charleston.
- Mitchell Hansen (1-for-4) drove in two runs with a triple in the fifth (3,4).
- Miguel Yajure (2-1) took his first loss of the year. He went 3.1 innings, gave up five runs on eight hits, struck out four, and walked one on 70 pitches (47 strikes).
- Kyle Zurak allowed two hits and struck out two in three scoreless innings of relief.
Staten Island Yankees (Short-Season): The Yankees (14-13) completed the sweep of the Mahoning Valley Scrappers with a 5-2 win.
- Eric Wagaman went 2-for-4 with a double and a two-run single in the bottom of the first (6,7).
- Matt Sauer (2-1) went five innings, gave up two runs (one earned) on three hits, struck out seven, and walked one on 97 pitches (66 strikes) in a win.
- Frank German allowed one hit, struck out five batters, and walked one in three scoreless innings out of the bullpen.
- Garrett Mundell struck out two batters in a 1-2-3 ninth as he got his second save.
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie): The Yankees (11-13) defeated the Bristol Pirates by a score of 8-1.
- Carlos Tatis went 3-for-4 with two doubles and he drove in three runs (5,6,7).
- Everson Pereira was 3-for-4 with a double, a stolen base, and a pair of RBIs (13,14).
- Max Burt (2-for-4) had an RBI double in the bottom of the sixth (12).
- Carlos Narvaez (2-for-4) had a walk and an RBI single in the first (3).
- Luis Rijo (3-1) went six innings, gave up a run on five hits, struck out eight, and walked one on 86 pitches (62 strikes).
- Gilmael Troya gave up a hit, struck out two, and walked two over the final three innings as he got his first save.
Gulf Coast League (Rookie): The two GCL teams went 1-2 in the three games that were played. The East squad (7-14) defeated the GCL Braves 8-3. The West team (10-10) got shut out in both games against GCL Tigers West. They lost Game 1, 13-0, and Game 2, 5-0.
- Estevan Florial went 2-for-5 with a double and drove in two runs (5,6).
- Ryder Green (1-for-5) hit a two-run home run in the bottom of the first (2).
- Isaiah Pasteur went 2-for-4 with a pair of RBIs (3,4).
- Alexander Santana was 2-for-4 with a walk, a pair of doubles, and an RBI (3).
- Asdrubal Alvarez went 2-for-4 with an RBI (6).
- Tanner Myatt went three innings in his start. He gave up two runs on two hits and struck out four in a no-decision.
- Abismael Villaman (1-0) got the win in relief. In five innings of work, he gave up a run on five hits and struck out six.
- Keegan Curtis struck out a batter in a 1-2-3 ninth.
- Stanley Rosario (1-for-3, stolen base) and Matt Pita (1-for-2) were the only players who had hits.
- Leonardo Pestana (1-1) had a rough start. He went two innings, gave up eight runs on nine hits, struck out two batters, and walked three in a loss.
- Anthony Garcia had the lone multi-hit game (2-for-3, double).
- Roberto Chirinos (1-for-4) and Jose Martinez (1-for-2, walk) were the other players with hits.
- Deivi Diaz (0-1) went four innings, gave up four runs on eight hits, struck out a batter, and walked two in a loss.
- Sean Boyle gave up a run on one hit and struck out three in the final two innings.
Dominican Summer League (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (16-20) defeated the DSL Angels, 5-3, in 10 innings.
- Angel Rojas went 2-for-4 with a stolen base, a triple, and an RBI (13).
- Bryant Arrieche was 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI (3).
- Dionys Vallejo and Jhoiner Rodriguez both went 1-for-4 in the win.
- Alfred Vega did not give up a run over five innings. He allowed three hits and struck out five.
- Diego Cordero (2-1) struck out a batter over 1.2 perfect innings as he got the win in relief.
Did you enjoy this article?
Pinstriped Prospects does not have a paywall. With your donation, we can continue to provide you the very best Yankees minor league coverage from the entire farm system.
Every donation helps us bring you features, interviews, videos, podcasts and more!