Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (Triple-A): The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (53-38) defeated the Syracuse Mets, 4-3.
- Tyler Wade: 2-for-5, 2 RBI
Wade is 15-for-38 (.395) over his last 10 games with a home run and 5 RBIs. Wade has played in 54 games for the RailRiders this season and is hitting .312/.362/.463 over 205 at-bats.
- Kyle Higashioka: 1-for-3, 1 run scored,1 home run, 1 RBI
Higashioka is 8-for-27 (.296) over his last 10 games, with three home runs, six RBIs and three walks.
- Trey Amburgey: 1-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 double
- Ryan McBroom: 2-for-4, 1 run scored
- Zack Zehner: 1-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 RBI
- Billy Burns: 3-for-4, 1 double, 1 triple
Burns made an amazing catch to rob Tim Tebow of a base hit.
- Jonathan Holder: 2IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 3SO
Trenton Thunder (Double-A): The Trenton Thunder (47-40) beat the Reading Fightin’ Phils, 3-0.
- Kyle Holder: 1-for-2, 1 run scored, 1 triple, 2 walks
Holder has already tired his career-high in triples for a season and set a new career-high in home runs (6) and doubles (18). He has raised his batting line to .262/.324/.418 from .175/.246/.206 at the end of April.
- Chris Gittens: 1-for-5, 1 RBI
Gittens continues to hit in his break-out season. Over his last 10 games, he is 11-for-31 (.355) with two home runs, six RBIs, and six walks. Overall, he is hitting .291/.412/.516.
- Matt Lipka: 1-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 double, 1 RBI
- Jorge Saez: 2-for-4
Saez is 3-for-8, with a run scored since being activated off the injured list.
- Rony Garcia: 8IP 4H 0R 0ER 0BB 8SO
Threw 73/108 pitches for strikes. This was Garcia’s best game with the Thunder this season. He set a new career-high with eight innings pitched.
- Daniel Alvarez: 1IP 1H 0R 0ER 1BB 0SO
Alvarez has pitched in a career-high 31 games this season between the Trenton Thunder and the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders. He has already surpassed the number of innings he threw in 2018 but is far off from his career-high of 71 1/3 innings he threw in 2017 as a starting pitcher. He continues to have a stellar 2019 season earning a 5-1 record with a 2.79 ERA and 53 strikeouts over 38 2/3 innings.
Tampa Tarpons (Class-A Advanced): The Tampa Tarpons (39-51) fell to the Charlotte Stone Crabs, 5-2.
- Pablo Olivares: 1-for-4
Olivares now has a seven-game hit streak, he is 9-for-27 (.333) during that time with a double and six RBIs.
- Estevan Florial: 1-for-4, 1 double
- Mickey Gasper: 1-for-2, 1 run scored, 1 walk
Gasper is now 6-for-12 (.500) since joining the Tarpons.
- Diego Castillo: 2-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 triple
Castillo has hit safely in his last three games and has reached base in his last 12 games.
- Trevor Stephan: 3IP 4H 4R 4ER 1BB 5SO
Stephen allowed all four runs in the first inning of the game. He bounced back with a scoreless second and third inning. Stephan struck out the side in the second inning. He has allowed three or more earned runs in a game in seven of his 14 games this season. He has allowed 37 earned runs this season in 48 2/3 innings over 14 games. Last season he allowed 51 earned runs in 124 1/3 innings over 24 games.
- Miguel Yajure: 5IP 3H 1R 1ER 3BB 4SO
Threw 43/63 pitches for strikes Yajure continues to impress this season. This was his third piggyback appearance this season. In that role, he is 2-0 with a 0.60 ERA and 18 strikeouts over 15 innings of work. Tonight was the first time he allowed a run as a piggybacker.
Charleston RiverDogs (Class-A): The Charleston RiverDogs (47-45) defeated the Columbia Fireflies, 4-3.
- Oswald Peraza: 2-for-5
Peraza is now 5-for-17 (.294) in four games with the RiverDogs since his promotion.
- Anthony Seigler: 1-for-4, 1 double
- Josh Stowers: 1-for-3, 1 run scored, 1 walk
Stowers has reached base in his last eight games.
- Canaan Smith: 1-for-4, 1 RBI
After a scorching May, Smith had a down June hitting just .255/.330/.372 over 26 games. So far in the month of July, he is hitting .309/.399/.498.
- Kyle Gray: 1-for-4, 2 runs scored, 1 triple
- Welfrin Mateo: 1-for-3, 1 run scored, 1 home run, 2 RBIs
Mateo has been on a hot streak, over his last 10 games he is 11-for-31 (3.44) with two home runs, seven RBIs, and three walks.
- Roansy Contreras: 6IP 7H 3R 4ER 2BB 3SO
The 19-year-old Contreras put together another strong start. He threw 58/93 pitches for strikes. So far this season he is 6-5 with a 4.48 ERA and 64 strikeouts in 84 1/3 innings. He has thrown a total of 21 innings more than he did last season.
- Dalton Lehnen: 3IP 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 3SO
- Ron Marinaccio: 1IP 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0SO
Staten Island Yankees (Class-A Short-Season): The Staten Island Yankees (!2-14) fell to the Hudson Valley Renegades, 16-4.
- Jacob Sanford: 2-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 double
Sanford has a modest three-game hit streak for the Yankees.
- Andres Chaparro: 1-for-3, 1 run scored, 1 home run, 2 RBIs, 1 walk
Chaparro has hit safely in his last five games with Staten Island, going 6-for-19 (.315) during that stretch with two runs scored, one home run, two RBIs, and two walks.
- Spencer Henson: 1-for-3, 2 runs scored, 1 home run, 1 RBI, 1 walk
This was Henson’s first home run since being promoted from Pulaski. Overall the ninth-round pick has five home runs with 10 RBIs. He leads all 2019 Yankees draftees in that category.
- Matt Pita: 1-for-4
- Ryan Lidge: 1-for-4
This was Lidge’s first game with Staten Island since being sent down yesterday.
- Alex Junior: 1-for-1, 1 double
- Anderson Munoz: 2.2IP 6H 9R 8ER 3BB 3SO
This was easily the worst game of Munoz professional career. He threw 31/64 pitches for strikes and hit two batters, walked three, and allowed eight hits. His ERA ballooned to 4.87 from 1.53 coming into the game. His fastball did hit as high as 98 mph but he struggled with command throughout the start.
- Tim Hardy: 3.1IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 5SO
- Rodney Hutchison: 0.1IP 0H 6R 1ER 1BB 0SO 3HBP
Hutchison continues to struggle; he has hit a total of 14 batters this season between Staten Island and Charleston.
- Bryan Blanton: 1.2IP 3H 1R 1ER 0BB 2SO
Pulaski Yankees (Rookie Advanced): The Pulaski Yankees (13-9) defeated the Bluefield Blue Jays, 9-3.
- Antonio Cabello: 0-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 walk
- Roberto Chirinos: 1-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 walk
- Ryder Green: 2-for-4, 2 runs scored, 1 RBI
Green is now hitting .310/.363/.560 in 21 games with Pulaski. Over his last 10 games, he is 13-for-40 (.325) with two home runs, seven RBIs and five walks.
- Chad Bell: 2-for-4
This year’s 19th round pick continues to impress. Over his last 10 games, he is 11-for-34 (.324) with two home runs and nine RBIs. Overall this season he is hitting .292/.382/.479.
- Saul Torres: 2-for-4, 1 run scored, 2 RBIs
- Madison Santos: 1-for-3, 1 run scored, 1 double, 2 RBI, 1 walk
- Jake Pries: 1-for-4, 1 run scored
- Jhonatan Munoz: 5.2IP 5H 2R 2ER 2BB 7SO
- Jackson Bertsch: 1.1IP 2H 1R 1ER 0BB 3SO
- Derek Craft: 2IP 0H 0R 0ER 1BB 1SO
Gulf Coast League Yankees West (Rookie): The GCL Yankees West (5-8) defeated the GCL Blue Jays.
- Jose Colmenares: 2-for-5, 1 run scored, 1 double, 1 RBI
- Raimfer Salinas: 1-for-3, 1 run scored, 1 home run, 1 RBI, 1 walk
Salinas hit the second home run of his professional career.
- Ronny Rojas: 1-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 double, 1 RBI
- Pedro Diaz: 1-for-4, 1 double, 2 RBIs
- Denny Larrondo: 2IP 1H 1R 1ER 1BB 3SO
- Jose Chambuco: 3IP 2H 3R 3ER 1BB 7SO
Chambuco made his state-side debut after striking out 36 batters in 23 2/3 innings of work and walking just three batters in the DSL.
Gulf Coast League Yankees East (Rookie): The GCL Yankees East (4-8) defeated the GCL Tigers East, 2-0.
- Alexander Vargas: 2-for-4, 1 triple
- Kevin Alcantara: 0-for-3, 1 run scored
- Alexander Palma: 2-for-3, 2 doubles, 2 RBIs
- Renso Mejia: 5IP 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 2SO
- Carlos Gomez: 2IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 3SO
- Zach Green: 2IP 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 4SO
Dominican Summer League Yankees (Rookie): The DSL Yankees (15-17) fell to the DSL Phillies Red team 3-2.
- Agustin Ramirez: 2-for-4, 1 RBI