The Trenton Thunder took field 2 at the Yankees Player Development and Scouting Complex to take on the Atlanta Braves Double-A team on Wednesday afternoon.
Deivi Garcia got the start:
- Three outs on six pitches in the first inning for Garcia. One strikeout
- Used his fastball high and away to blow past Ramos after a tough at-bat.
- The second inning was another 1-2-3 inning.
- Gave up an RBI groundout to second with 1-out in the third.
- A runner scored from third on the next pitch due to a passed ball
- Garcia was unlucky in the third inning, a flare double landed behind second that set up the two runs scoring
- After surrendering two runs, Garcia gave up a hard hit single down the left field line, the hitter was late on the pitch but smoked it down the line
- Curveball is buckling hitters, worked a strikeout to get out of trouble
- McGarity’s breaking ball looks sharp with lots of movement
Fielding and hitting
- Loop single over the second baseman for Chris Hess in the first inning with two outs
- Isiah Gilliam with a two-run home run on a 3-0 pitch. Crushed to right-center
- Welfrin Mateo showed a strong arm and quick release on a throw from short.
- Ricardo Ferreira drilled a ball that one-hopped the center field wall but stopped at first limping and had to be pulled for a pinch runner
- Josh Stowers first at-bat he hit a flare single to center
- Mateo crushed an RBI double about ten feet up batters eye in center
- David Metzgar drives in a run from second on an RBI single. Heads up base running got him to second on the throw home to try to get the runner
- Josh Stowers second at-bat resulted in a solo home run to left field
- Metzgar hit a two-run home run to left field