On a day when two of the Yankees top pitching prospects were pitching, the Tampa Tarpons took field one at the Yankees Player Development and Scouting Complex to face off against members of the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Contreras fastball sitting around the mid-’90s.
- Contreras breaking ball looks good in the first.
- Walked the first batter and he was able to steal second and third easily, no throw on a steal of third.
- Two strikeouts and two walks in the first for Contreras.
- Control an issue to start, walked first batter in the second.
- Contreras settled in in the 3rd inning, logging one strikeout.
- Final line for Contreras: 3.1 IP, 0 H, 3 BB, 3 SO
- Garcia has given up three singles to start the fifth, giving up an RBI single to left.
- Another runner scored on an RBI groundout.
- Garcia gave up a two-run home run to right.
- Anderson Munoz walked two of his first three batters to start the 7th.
- Munoz fastball clocked at 97 mph
- Munoz worked out of trouble in the 8th, stranding two men in scoring position.
- Ruegger’s breaking ball is sharp, freezing hitters, sitting around 93 mph
- –Oswald Peraza smoked a stand-up double down the line in the first.
- Max Burt made a nice diving play to his left, getting the ball to second fast enough to get 5-4-3 double play.
- Juan DeLeon with a nice 2-out single over the shortstop’s head on a 0-0 fastball.
- Mickey Gasper with a 2-out RBI single to center, scoring a runner from second.
- Peraza is 2-for-2 after a single over the shortstop’s head.
- Peraza with a one-out stolen base in the third.
- Impressive diving stop in the outfield grass by Gray to get the runner out at first.
- Ronny Garcia made a good play on a liner hit right back at him, knocking it down and throwing the man out at first.
- Matt McGarry with a base hit in his first at-bat of the day.
- Canaan Smith grounded into an inning-ending double play in the 6th with the bases loaded.
- Pedro Diaz threw a man out trying to steal third to end the 7th inning.
- McGarry with a solo home run that was just fair down the left field line.
- Gasper with an RBI single between short and third.