- Koerner pitched all five innings against the Scranton Wilkes-Barre RailRiders in a camp day exhibition game.
- He was locating his pitches extremely well.
- Had great life to his breaking pitches; especially his slider.
- Had three strikeouts and all were on great sliders, two swinging.
- His best pitch of the day was a slider that started inside and broke over to the inside corner for a called strike three.
- Evan Alexander started the game off with a hard double down the right-field line.
- Tyler Hill had a soft single over the shortstop’s head and then was able to steal second base during the next hitter’s at-bat.
- Alexander also was able to place a perfect bunt to beat out a single in the third inning.
- Chris Gittens destroyed a fastball which hit off the center field fence for a double. If not for the large fence it would have been an easy home run.
- David Metzgar also had a hard single through the third base hole and would subsequently steal second in the same inning.