On Saturday the Charleston Riverdogs took on the Lakewood Phillies at the Yankees Minor League Complex.
- 2017 2nd round pick Matt Sauer got the start against and was solid in his five innings of work.
- The right-hander’s fastball had life and sat at 94-96.
- The only real trouble Sauer got into was the third inning when he walked two batters.
- Sauer was able to maneuver out of trouble and finish off his start strong.
- Sauer’s final line 5 innings 4 strikeouts 2 walks 2 hits.
- The right-handed pitcher came on in relief in sixth
- And worked quickly through his first two innings of work.
- Cortijo lost the strike zone a bit in the eighth surrendering a walk and a double to lead off the inning.
- Cortijo would settle down and escape only allowing one run.
- Right-Hander Then entered the game in the 9th striking out three and walking one batter.
- Ezequiel Duran and Stanley Rosario led the charge with two hits each.
- Duran (single and double) driving in the games first run in the third while Rosario (triple and single) drove in two.
- Eric Wagaman, Carlos Tatis, Saul Torres D’Vaughn Knowles, and Mitchell Robinson each added a hit as the RiverDogs edged The Phillies 5-1.