- Luis Medina was today’s starter for the RiverDogs.
- Medina began the day by walking the first batter he faced after quickly settling down he proceeded to strike out five of the next six hitters he faced.
- Medina was in control all afternoon allowing two base runners in his four innings of work. Both runners were erased by a caught stealing. Medina showed a nice pickoff move in the first inning to erase the base on balls.
- Medina’s fastball was electric and well located operating 96-98mph and touched 101 at one point. Medina’s changeup and curveball worked at 90-92mph and 81-82mph respectively.
- Medina’s final line 4 innings pitched 6 strikeouts one hit and one walk.
- Right-Hander Rodney Hutchison came on in relief allowing one run while walking two batters across three innings.
- Hutchinson’s Fastball sat at 88-91mph with his breaking pitches showing sharp break to righties.
- Right-Hander Yoiber Marquina followed Hutchison with one inning of work allowing a walk and striking out two
- Right-Hander Aaron McGarity finished off the day with a clean inning of work striking out two batters.
- 3B Andres Chaparro led the offense with three hits. Chaparro smashed two doubles a single and drove in the games second run.
- Outfielders Anthony Garcia, Ryder Green and 1B Eric Wagaman all singled in the contest. Wagaman drove in the games first run in the bottom of the second.
- Inf Carlos Tatis, Inf Eduardo Torrealba, OF Isaiah Pasteur each added a single as the RiverDogs topped the BlueClaws