The Charleston RiverDogs took to field 2 at the Yankees Player Development and Scouting Complex to take on the Atlanta Braves Single-A team on Tuesday afternoon for the first set of games against outside competition.
Matt Sauer got the start for the RiverDogs.
- His cutter looks good, he was effectively erratic through three hitters, touching 94-95.
- Sauer struck out one hitter in the first.
- Sauer’s velocity looks good, generating swings and misses.
- Sauer had really good movement on pitches, looks like he has settled in nicely in the third.
- Sauer struck out the side in the third, one on a change, tow on the fastball.
Yoendrys Gomez was the next on the mound.
- Gomez strikes out the first hitter on a curve. Fastball is sitting between 94 and 96.
- Gomez’ 2-seam looks good with movement.
- Gave up a solo HR to Florentino for first hit and run
- He generated a bunch of swings and misses.
- Munoz was generating swings and misses, sitting around 96 mph
- His breaking ball looks impressive
- Munoz had an erratic in his second inning of work, walked the first guy and threw a wild pitch, advancing the runner to second
- Munoz used his fastball to get hitters out by elevating it. Struck out two in his second inning of work this way.
- Montas struck out his first batter with a nasty backdown 2-seamer at 89 mph
- Brito is sitting around 93-94 mph with an 87-88 changeup
Fielding and Hitting
- Ezequiel Duran hit the first pitch he saw for a single up the middle, put a good swing on a ball low in the zone.
- Ryder Green roped one down the left field line, struck out, but impressive AB.
- Anthony Garcia put together as strong AB working a walk.
- Isaiah Pasteur sent the first pitch he saw up the middle for a single.
- Good baserunning instincts displayed by Pasteur after an error at short, going first-to-third.
- Pasteur almost picked off at first, then got thrown out trying to steal second
- Eduardo Torrealba squared up the ball but on a ground ball to third for an out
- Batters look behind on every pitch, there was a hard hit ball to left, but pretty easily fielded-
- Hemmanuel Rosario had good hustle on an error by the shortstop, getting on base
- Ezequiel Duran hit a ball on the nose to the deepest part of the park, it was tracked down a few steps from the warning track
- Carlos Tatis roped a ball between first and second and put a good swing on it
- Good defensive play by Raimfer Salinas in center tracking a ball down. Took a good route to the ball.
- Jackson Thoreson showed some nice power going to left-center for a solo home run
- Ezequiel Duran showed good range on a ball in the hole-
- Jackson Thoreson is putting good swings on the ball, fouling off different pitches