The Social Media and Breaking News intern will be assisting the managing partner and managing editor with the day-to-day management of the Pinstriped Prospects social media channels. They will also be responsible for finding breaking news on social media and writing articles.
- The writer should be able to recognize breaking news and trends as related to the beat
- Report and write with a strong sense of urgency, energy, and tenacity
- Engage and embrace the community with posts on the website and social media
- Knowledge of social media channels and have an interest in learning how to best write social copy
What You Will Learn:
- How to plan and execute projects between multiple departments
- How to leverage design trends and photography to better promote messaging
- How to collaborate using tools such as Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Teams and Asana
- How to utilize social media to help identify breaking news
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Must have a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Strong writing ability and knowledge of the game of baseball
- Work well individually and able to take direction from staff
- Ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines
- Basic word processing skills necessary, basic web content editing skills a plus (e.g., formatting posts, linking to web pages).
- Familiarity with AP style preferred but not required.
- A basic familiarity with PinstripedProspects.com and Yankees minor league system is necessary. Top-to-bottom expertise is not necessary, but the more background the applicant possesses already, the better.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
No experience necessary, you will get to learn from 2 industry professionals who will guide you through the process of covering a professional baseball team.
Supervised by Managing Partner
Internships are available to current undergraduate or graduate students and are for college credit only.
To Apply email your resume and writing samples to [email protected]