Yankee Hot stove..

Home Forums New York Yankees Yankee Hot stove..

This topic contains 77 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Yankyfan 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)
  • Author

Yankyfan
    Participant

Every team brings in vets for a look see and fill in ST inning. Sometimes those fringe players can help some of the newbies out with there past experience. I guess you would run a team differently?

coryankee
    Participant

I have no issue with bringing in veterans. Veterans like Mariano Rivera, Reggie Jackson, Andy Petitte and others. I do have issues with bringing bodies that have NO chance of making the roster and bodies who are not the type of players you want your youngsters to mold their career around. I would prefer the youngsters experience veterans who won and were champions.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Three team deal. In the end we lose Solak and get Drury. Nick will hit but unsure about him staying at 2nd. I guess this will impact Torres or Andujar. My guess is Torres will see time at AAA getting 2nd in hand.

Update: Taylor Weidner is also the deal..Uggg

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Yankyfan.
    • This reply was modified 5 months ago by  Yankyfan.

coryankee
    Participant

Torres was likely to start the season in Scranton so the Yankees could gain another year of control. Maybe it takes some pressure off of Torres this spring. Wade may be the odd man out however.

coryankee
    Participant

Blash DFA’d to make room for Drury on 40 man roster. Forgot that Blash was on 40 man.

coryankee
    Participant

Luis Cessa has been named as starter for Yankees 2018 spring training opening game tomorrow in Tampa.

Yankyfan
    Participant

I like Cessa more then most. They say he came to camp 20 lbs lighter.

coryankee
    Participant

Baseball is back, the sports world arises from the dead for another season.
    Frazier, Torres, and Andujar in starting lineup today.

Yankyfan
    Participant

I don’t know what to make of the Lind signing. Good insurance? Just a stop over? Is there something in the works with Austin?

coryankee
    Participant

Lind is a left handed bat and a veteran presence. We will know in a few weeks if he stays or goes.

coryankee
    Participant

Louie Louie makes first spring start tomorrow in Tampa against Phillies.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Yanks trade Cave to Twins for Luis Gil.. 6-3 RHP

coryankee
    Participant

I guess Cave is not going to start in the Scranton outfield this season.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Nope looks like he’ll be in the bigs instead.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Gil, the RHP they got in return for Cave is a 6-3 Bean pole who throws hard and has a real good spin rate but at 18 had shoulder surgery…Lotto ticket deal.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar