Yankee Hot stove.. - Pinstriped Prospects

Yankee Hot stove..

Home Forums New York Yankees Yankee Hot stove..

This topic contains 35 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Robert M. Pimpsner 4 hours, 35 minutes ago.

• Author

Yankyfan
    Participant

Should the Yanks deal Frazier to the A’s being they are rumored to have strong interest in him, I would hope Sean Manaea is involved..

coryankee
    Participant

That is up to the Yankees. From what he showed last season he needs plenty of playing time and he would be better off in AAA in 2018 if he is not traded. He has no position on the big team right now and sitting on the bench does him no good. If the Yankees get what they want for him, I would have no problem dealing him.

Yankyfan
    Participant

I so hope Andujar isn’t moved.

coryankee
    Participant

I think the Yankees dealt Headley to make room for Andujar sometime this season.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Yu Darvish anyone. I don’t want to sign any long term deals with pitchers now but on the other hand i don’t want Andujar traded..

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Yankyfan.

coryankee
    Participant

I don’t want Darvish anywhere near the Bronx.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Id rather go homegrown here but if we are going trade for a SP i’d rather sign Yu and keep the prospects, Pick and pool money.

coryankee
    Participant

I don’t think you can sign Darvish and stay under the cap. You saw him fail miserably in the playoffs. That is not something you want on your team of youngsters that are blooming and growing.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Not going to argue , In fact i agree, I just don’t want to move the said prospects for Cole . If this prevents that from happening i’m for signing Yu.
    I am willing to part with Frazier and Ace for Cole but thats my Max deal less a filler type like Crawford.

coryankee
    Participant

If you get Cole for the package you mention, I could agree to that. Then what do you do with your youngsters Montgomery and Adams? Everyone can’t pitch, I would think it more logical to go with Montgomery and Adams and still have the Frazier and Acevedo for some other deal.

Yankyfan
      Participant

You will always go through 10-12 SP in a season. If you need to, you could help Tanaka out and skip a start or two..Chance will get his shot but needs some time to build up stamina as a SP IMO. Unless he comes into ST and blows us away i think time at SWB will prove valuable.

coryankee
    Participant

Adams got all the time and development he needed last season in AA/AAA, 27 starts and 150 innings of winning baseball. That after 127 innings the year before. He is ready. That will give the Yankees Louie Louie, Tanaka, CC, Monty, Gray, and Adams to start the season. Another starter gives the Yankees seven. Cole for Frazier and a minor piece is fine, not much more. Set Adams free and watch him bloom and grow.

Yankyfan
    Participant

If they deal away Robertson to sign Yu ill be pissed!!. How does that make us better?

coryankee
    Participant

Hopefully only another bad rumor. Go with Monty and Adams.

Yankyfan
    Participant

TMKS said Yu was offered 160 for 7 and passed? I say BS.

coryankee
    Participant

BS that he was offered or passed. I say offered.

Yankyfan
      Participant

He was offered that…If he passed he’s IMO crazy!!

coryankee
    Participant

Someone is not telling the truth.
    —- Darvish again took to the airwaves today to address the interest of the Yankees. After first suggesting the team had not made him an offer, the veteran righty then tweeted he had received one — but that “the numbers are not correct.” That said, MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch reports (via Twitter) that New York has not, in fact, put together a contract proposal for Darvish. —-
    The Yankees traditionally always get involved in players even if they have no intention of signing them, just to raise the price someone else must pay. It is quite reasonable that the Yankees threw out numbers at Darvish but never put it in writing, therefor no real offer.

ChristIsKing
    Participant

That plane must’ve crashed about 12 times. Soooooo, who traded for Cole today?

coryankee
    Participant

Maybe it will be lucky 13.

Yankyfan
    Participant

So happy we didn’t deal Andujar for Cole. Boy what a bad deal for the Bucs. I guess time will tell but I would have had to have Whitley in that deal.

coryankee
    Participant

The Yankees getting Cole for almost any one of our top prospects would have been a bad deal for the Yankees. Frazier is the only one I could see go but it would have had to been a one for one deal.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Word is they turned down Clint and Wade plus 2 lesser players. Silly on their part if true for the deal they took? The 3rd baseman they took will be 26 and has an up and down Milb history.Then 2 relievers? One who is 24 and still has control issues and Musgrave has a barking shoulder? I think Cash must have pulled his offer?

• This reply was modified 3 days, 16 hours ago by  Yankyfan.

coryankee
    Participant

To my mind the only way to make an offer is give the other team a very very short window to decide and thus unable to go to another team and say I got this from the Yankees and can you beat their offer. The Pirates got almost nothing, but then again they gave up very little in Cole.

coryankee
    Participant

When Darvish signs, and hopefully not with the Yankees, that should solidify the Yankees pitching staff and give Adams a full blown chance to earn a rotation spot. Or at least be the next in line when needed.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Deal Ells for Cave or Bahr and eat all but 6 mill for remaining years. SF could bit?

coryankee
    Participant

I realize it happens, but I just can’t see the value of paying someone to play for someone else and getting a return that will likely never play for you. Ellsbury has more value for the Yankees than Cave and Bahr will have.

Yankyfan
      Participant

Addition by subtraction..

coryankee
    Participant

Only if the addition has more value than the subtraction.

Yankyfan
    Participant

It’s about opening up some LT space and giving a spot to a prospect.

coryankee
    Participant

You want to give a spot to a prospect, just cut Ellsbury. No drama, and voila a spot is open. However Ellsbury still has value for the Yankees. We will see how things play out.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Why would you pay full boat when you could possibly shed some money? I would look for any relief at this time.

coryankee
    Participant

Put yourself in Ellsbury’s shoes. He has a no trade clause which is gold ticket for him. Why leave the Yankees and give up a big playoff check and maybe a WS ring. The Yankees gave him and signed the contract, now live with it. I still feel Ellsbury is an asset. It likely forces Frazier to get full playing time at Scranton to bloom and grow. Ellsbury is an excellent of the bench asset for the Yankees albeit an expensive one.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Yep the the team has no one else to blame but themselves. I don’t feel he has a position on this team as it stands now and think his roster spot could be better used and any relief from that contract on any level would benefit the team greatly.

coryankee
    Participant

To be honest I rather have Ellsbury as the fifth outfielder in 2018 than Frazier. Frazier gets to play everyday in AAA and Ellsbury just makes the Yankees that much deeper as a veteran presence.

I agree with you, if he isn’t playing everyday better to have him in the minors.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

To Top