Scranton 2018 outlook.

Home Forums Yankees Minor Leagues Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Scranton 2018 outlook.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  coryankee 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

coryankee
    Participant

Scranton should have a very solid team again this season. Players will move up to the Yankees and players will then move up to Scranton. A lot of talent throughout the system blooming and growing.

I know Tommy is very much looking forward to this season.

coryankee
    Participant

Seeing all the youngsters during spring training so far, the kids going back to Scranton to start the season are awfully good and Scranton could easily be the top AAA team in baseball this season.

Yankyfan
    Participant

So happy Lail is moving to the Pen. After two seasons of Starting at higher level this move IMO is way over due.

coryankee
    Participant

If the move gives Lail more opportunity to help his team win, then it is a good move, for him and the team.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Went to the RR game today and the big news was Gleyber getting pulled early. Some thought because he threw his bat down after just missing a HR but it seems he’s getting called up. Gley played 2nd well. Super improved from last year. His foot work at at the bag is way better then last year.

Cortez was rusty but came around and did well in relief.

Higgy was behind the plate and as usual looked great. So smooth. He threw a runner out at third but Fleming missed the tag or the mp just blew the call.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Hope Wade does well and is of value come July

Yankyfan
    Participant

Hale signed again but after 1 day at SWB is being called up!

Yankyfan
    Participant

A few things from RR game. Again Chance looked good till about 75 pitches. Still feel he’ll be better off in BP.
    Estrada ran well after being shot in the hip in the offseason.
    Lail still getting shelled…
    Ford put on some weight and is getting crushed by the shift

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  Yankyfan.

coryankee
    Participant

I’m afraid Adams hurt himself big time in spring training. He was given every opportunity to show he could be a MLB starter and crash and burned beyond belief. In the first couple of starts where only an inning or two is expected from the starters, he was shelled and looked terrible. I know things can change ona dime sometimes, but I think Adams is going nowhere in the Yankee organization and he may be part of a deal in the future.

Yankyfan
    Participant

He might flash out but I Think he is build for the Pen. Unleash him for an inning or two and he could rediscover that 97 sinking heater.

coryankee
    Participant

It is worth a try. At this point there is nothing to lose.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Some shot by Clint today…Way over the SWB BP 400+

coryankee
    Participant

All well and good, but unless someone gets hurt I don’t see how he gets to play with the Yankees until September. Hope he does great and forces the Yankees to make a decision regarding his future.

Yankyfan
    Participant

He was on it yesterday! He hit everything hard. The only down side was letting a ball get under his glove turning a single into a triple….I don’t see him playing much CF when up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar