New IFA signings - Pinstriped Prospects

New IFA signings

Home Forums Yankees Minor Leagues New IFA signings

This topic contains 27 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Yankyfan 4 hours, 15 minutes ago.

• Author

Chadwick
    Participant

I was wondering if you had any information on the 3 new IFA signings the Yankees got yesterday*12/29*?

OF Marco Naranjo – although there is conflicting information he was signed in September
    OF Bryan Arreche
    INF Oscar Sanabria

Thank you for the time. Big fan of your site.

Loyal Yankee fan

Yankyfan
    Participant

I heard of Oscar and Bryan signing yesterday from a SWB friend. He had no other info. I didn’t Know of the Naranjo signing and is not listed on the earlier BA list.
    BTW i love that this is posted here and hope this Forum can start to catch some steam and this is the news that gets it going!!

Chadwick
    Participant

New IFA signing on 1/6/18
    Renso Mejia
    17 year old RHP
    6’0″ 155 lbs
    Born 3/6/2000
    from Dominican Republic

ChristIsKing
    Participant

They also signed one of the Braves players. Rojas

Yankyfan
      Participant

Rojas Has Plus plus speed they say.

Yankyfan
    Participant

So in lieu signing Otani we now have signed 3 SS, 3 0f, 1 RHP, 1 Catcher! We may also have remaining cash

coryankee
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be great if one or two of these eight could produce in the majors.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  coryankee.

Yankyfan
      Participant

Cabellos SR is really promising.

ChristIsKing
    Participant

They have until Monday 5pm to sign the Braves kids IF them kids want a bonus. It’ll be interesting to see what happens. I’d take a flyer on all 4 left, but if I had to pick one, I’d go with Bae.

Wonder what’s going on with Mauro Bonifacio and Stir Candelario.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Good question..I also wonder what the hold up is on signing the latter two. As for the Braves prospects remaining i . would go for The arm even thought he has no idea of where the ball is going. Only on the cheap though.

ChristIsKing
    Participant

I would want Contreras as well, but if we were only able to sign one, I would probably sign the kid comped with Trae Turner (Bae) than the kid who can’t seem to find the strike zone. Of course they are still young and pitching is a much more difficult position to fill. Heck, if it were up to me, I’d say everyone who is left and hope that something comes out of those kids. The Yankees, LITERALLY, just traded 3 IFA’s for Stanton, so even if they don’t pan out to play MLB or reach the Majors (Castro did), they could be useful trade chips.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Which Brave prospect are you speaking of?

ChristIsKing
    Participant

Juan Contreras
    JiWhan Bae

Yankyfan
    Participant

Contreras I know. Bae isn’t listed as one of their singable prospects as per BA?

ChristIsKing
    Participant

I’m still not sure if he was signed or not by the Braves. Some say he was, some say he wasn’t. Trae Turner was a comp.

Yankyfan
      Participant

Very interesting..I see he was signed but may have been voided.

ChristIsKing
    Participant

Tomorrow is the deadline for them to receive a bonus…. So I figure some teams are going to bite and offer these kids some money. There’s a lot of money left with some teams after the hoarding began for the Ohtani Sweepstakes.

Juan Contreras I like based on the potential upside, though they say he has reliever written all over him…
    Antonio Sucre seems like an interesting player… Could end up being something nice and wont cost a team much. He hit more home runs than all those other kids, including Severino.
    Jiwhan Bae is another one I like based on the Trae Turner comp but noone seems to know what’s up with him.
    Brandol Mezquita, there isnt much on him and he didn’t play.. (so OBVIOUSLY he’ll be a HOFer).

My desired order
    Contreras
    Bae
    Sucre
    Mezquita

or maybe flip flop Bae and Contreras. I can go either way.

Yankyfan
    Participant

I figured Some signings today but nothing yet on BA

coryankee
    Participant

It really does look like many owners are squeezing the players and trying to save dollars.

Yankyfan
    Participant

I just figured someone would bit at a lower cost?

coryankee
    Participant

I understand your thought, but I do not like paying someone to play for another team.

Yankyfan
    Participant

The talk of signing Martinez in J2 of next season is great but I think i would rather sign Sam Rodriquez if given a choice. Both would be tough.

ChristIsKing
    Participant

Who is Sam Rodriquez?

Yankyfan
      Participant

IFA for J2 .Big, hard throwing lefty..

ChristIsKing
    Participant

Do you have a scouting report or something? I googled him and got nothing.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Not 100% sure its him . My friend works for the Jays and is in the Islands a lot. He said this IFA will have more Arms then last year.

Samuel Rodríguez (LHP 2018) fue observado por la organización de @rockies en nuestras instalaciones ubicadas en #Carora estado #Lara junto a él estuvo nuestro coordinador de Zona Pedro Mendoza @pedro.mendozaserrano @joseluismontero14 @michaelgd_ @alirio_c @latinpowergroup @jvmelian @sluggerscorporation @aqagency @goprobaseball @emirobarboza @montego78 @rep1baseball #baseball #academy #venezuela #internacional #vida
    Comment
    307 likes
    fsbacademySamuel Rodríguez (LHP 2018) fue observado por la organización de @rockies en nuestras instalaciones ubicadas en #Carora estado #Lara junto a él estuvo nuestro coordinador de Zona Pedro Mendoza @pedro.mendozaserrano @joseluismontero14 @michaelgd_ @alirio_c @latinpowergroup @jvmelian @sluggerscorporation @aqagency @goprobaseball @emirobarboza @montego78 @rep1baseball #baseball #academy #venezuela #internacional #vida

ChristIsKing
    Participant

Cool.. Thanks man… It says the Rockies were scouting him..
    Are you aware if the Yankees are linked to any of the J2 Kids for 2018? I know BA put out their list and what teams are linked to them. Unfortunately I can no longer afford BA so I have to wait on Jesse Sanchez and MLB Pipeline.

Yankyfan
    Participant

I don’t know who is linked to us yet. I asked about him because he is a LHP. Not a ton of IFA lefties.To soon to even rank i guess but knowing there are arms coming out i would only sign Martinez if he blows the scouts away. Sounds like if he waits till J2 of 18 he’s getting pretty close to a full pool bonus.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

To Top