New IFA signings

Home Forums Yankees Minor Leagues New IFA signings

This topic contains 59 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ChristIsKing 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
    • Author

Chadwick
      Participant

I was wondering if you had any information on the 3 new IFA signings the Yankees got yesterday*12/29*?

OF Marco Naranjo – although there is conflicting information he was signed in September
      OF Bryan Arreche
      INF Oscar Sanabria

Thank you for the time. Big fan of your site.

Loyal Yankee fan

Yankyfan
      Participant

I heard of Oscar and Bryan signing yesterday from a SWB friend. He had no other info. I didn’t Know of the Naranjo signing and is not listed on the earlier BA list.
      BTW i love that this is posted here and hope this Forum can start to catch some steam and this is the news that gets it going!!

Chadwick
      Participant

New IFA signing on 1/6/18
      Renso Mejia
      17 year old RHP
      6’0″ 155 lbs
      Born 3/6/2000
      from Dominican Republic

ChristIsKing
      Participant

They also signed one of the Braves players. Rojas

Yankyfan
      Participant

Rojas Has Plus plus speed they say.

Yankyfan
      Participant

So in lieu signing Otani we now have signed 3 SS, 3 0f, 1 RHP, 1 Catcher! We may also have remaining cash

coryankee
      Participant

Wouldn’t it be great if one or two of these eight could produce in the majors.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  coryankee.

Yankyfan
      Participant

Cabellos SR is really promising.

ChristIsKing
      Participant

They have until Monday 5pm to sign the Braves kids IF them kids want a bonus. It’ll be interesting to see what happens. I’d take a flyer on all 4 left, but if I had to pick one, I’d go with Bae.

Wonder what’s going on with Mauro Bonifacio and Stir Candelario.

Yankyfan
      Participant

Good question..I also wonder what the hold up is on signing the latter two. As for the Braves prospects remaining i . would go for The arm even thought he has no idea of where the ball is going. Only on the cheap though.

ChristIsKing
      Participant

I would want Contreras as well, but if we were only able to sign one, I would probably sign the kid comped with Trae Turner (Bae) than the kid who can’t seem to find the strike zone. Of course they are still young and pitching is a much more difficult position to fill. Heck, if it were up to me, I’d say everyone who is left and hope that something comes out of those kids. The Yankees, LITERALLY, just traded 3 IFA’s for Stanton, so even if they don’t pan out to play MLB or reach the Majors (Castro did), they could be useful trade chips.

Yankyfan
      Participant

Which Brave prospect are you speaking of?

ChristIsKing
      Participant

Juan Contreras
      JiWhan Bae

Yankyfan
      Participant

Contreras I know. Bae isn’t listed as one of their singable prospects as per BA?

ChristIsKing
      Participant

I’m still not sure if he was signed or not by the Braves. Some say he was, some say he wasn’t. Trae Turner was a comp.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar