MLB Hot Stove

Home Forums Major League Baseball MLB Hot Stove

This topic contains 29 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  coryankee 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Yankyfan
    Participant

Doug Fister signs with the Rangers… A little warmer LOL

Tommy Romanelli
    Keymaster

The winter meetings usually kicks off all the rumors. There’s a lot of possible movement this offseason. It will be fun to see what happens.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Why are people so high on Drury? Seems like a nice player but why the hype? I would rather plug 2b from with in.

coryankee
    Participant

I agree. Why throw money at a player when you may very well have a much better player blooming and growing in your system. Let Torres loose.

Yankyfan
    Participant

It would be real hard to get out from under any of that money. I think the best shot might come at The trade deadline and a contending team is in need of a CF.

coryankee
    Participant

We are in 2018. Will the FA and trade markets start to warm up with just a month and a half to spring camps?

Yankyfan
    Participant

Something has to give… I guess teams are done paying for what players did on their last team instead now paying for projections going forward. How long before we hear the collusion word being thrown around by Mr. Boras?

coryankee
    Participant

With the holidays over, and the spring camps just six weeks off, you would think it is time for the hot stove to start roaring, maybe.

coryankee
    Participant

Then again, talking about the winter hot stove wheeling and dealing period. The highlight, the brightspot has been hit and done with. The Yankees signing of Giancarlo Stanton will likely dwarf anything else that happens this winter. The hot stove has hit its hottest point already.

Yankyfan
    Participant

I would say it would be hard to top that. Maybe something close though would be Machado getting moved.

coryankee
    Participant

Machado would only be a one year rental.

I honestly don’t want him. I’d rather go with two rookies.

coryankee
    Participant

No argument about that on my part. Also, I detest long term contracts. There are many youngsters developing very quickly all over the world.

coryankee
    Participant

It is good to see teams holding back on signing this seasons FA’s and asking them to lower their asking prices and even lowering asking years.

coryankee
    Participant

Four weeks until training camps open and major signings are non existent.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar