Keep an eye on Austin Romine

Home Forums New York Yankees Keep an eye on Austin Romine

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Yankyfan 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rick Keeler
    Keymaster

With the Yankees needing to make a decision on Austin Romine by Friday night, who do you think should be the backup catcher to Gary Sanchez in 2017?

Keep A Close Eye on What Happens With Austin Romine

Buanadha
    Participant

We’d have to bring in someone from the outside and unless we have something lined up already, it looks to me like we keep Romine.

Internally, I think the team likes his D a lot more than most outside observers, but that’s a pretty subjective thing.

Rick Keeler
    Keymaster

I would agree with that. He is good with the pitchers, but the only question would be if they have that plan like you said or do they believe Kyle Higashioka is ready to be the backup catcher. Plus, while Romine didn’t play first base great this past season, he at least can play a little of that position if needed.

Yankyfan
    Participant

No NON Tender for Austin so it looks like He is going else where or is the 2018 BUC.

Rick Keeler
    Keymaster

Would depend on what the Yankees find on the FA market and there are plenty of options out there, but that could be a January kind of move.

Yankyfan
    Participant

No money for FA buc? Romine or Higgy? I go higgy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar