Hot Stove - not so hot - Pinstriped Prospects

Hot Stove – not so hot

Home Forums Around Baseball Hot Stove – not so hot

This topic contains 22 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  coryankee 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author

Kevin Smith
    Participant

What is up with free agency this year? Not sure when the signings begin each year, but I would have expected more activity at this point. Seems very quiet.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Super slow this year. I can’t recall an off season as slow as this. I though last year was off but this is even worse .

Beth Wellington
    Participant

Maybe everyone is pacing themselves, in preparation for the FA market after next season? Major free agents after next season.

Yankyfan
      Participant

Good point. Could for sure be a factor..

Could be, I think we will see some movement finally at the Winter Meetings.

coryankee
    Participant

Love to see the owners not knocking each other out signing players for too much money and too many years. Just say no to these overpaid underachievers. You have to win to be the best.

Yankee Panky
    Participant

Yankees benefitting from a stocked bullpen. Relievers seem to be the only ones getting paid this offseason.

coryankee
      Participant

Not only in the bullpen but everywhere. The Yankees are loaded and there are many more very talented players moving up the ladder.

Yankyfan
    Participant

This off season is crazy slow.

coryankee
    Participant

Far too many players getting paid too much for too long a contract period. Maybe the owners are wising up. Stifle the market, play youngsters for a fraction of the cost, and possibly have a better team.

coryankee
    Participant

So true, I have never seen so many very very good young players developing so quickly all over baseball.

coryankee
    Participant

Still nothing happening. Hosmer has reportedly been offered 7 year 140 million + contract by two teams, but has not agreed as of now.

Yankyfan
      Participant

Seems like a fair offer?

coryankee
    Participant

Years too many and dollars per year a little high in my opinion.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  coryankee.

Yankyfan
      Participant

Most of the time it is too much. My thought of being a fair offer is of one he should except.

coryankee
        Participant

What is fair? Hosmer hasn’t said yes to either offer yet. Is he trying to get more? Like I said, he isn’t worth what has been offered.

Yankyfan
    Participant

So much of Andujars defense? I like him at third and think it is more of a smoke screen to ward off other teams for his services in a deal. I hear of keeping Gleyber at third and don’t agree. From what i saw, I view Gleyber as a middle infielder rather then a 3rd base option. Andujar has the quick twitch skills to field the position. I view Andujar as our top prospect for this team at this time.

coryankee
      Participant

Lets see what they show in spring training. They both may earn starting spots, but I would think the team with hold each out for a short time to get the extra year of control.

I am willing to deal with the holes in Andujar’s defense. He has gotten better each year and he fills a need right now.

coryankee
        Participant

Most important, Andujar fills a need and doesn’t cost anything. Plus, he may even be better than what is available.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Agreed…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

To Top