2018 MiLB Spring Training

Home Forums Yankees Minor Leagues 2018 MiLB Spring Training

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  coryankee 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I will be making a trip down to Tampa for Minor League Spring Training this March. We will have full coverage while I am down there. I will also be training new writers while there to keep the coverage going.

coryankee
    Participant

Hope you have great weather. Really like the player profiles. Particularly the player backgrounds and their year to year growth. I believe that the best players are those who help their teams win by being able to produce when it counts under the pressure of each game.

coryankee
    Participant

Five games into spring training and I have been impressed with the depth and breadth of talent the Yankees have throughout their minor league system. Not all will become major leaguers, to those who do, it will be a great achievement, and to those who do not, give it your best, never give up, but most of all, have fun.

Yankyfan
    Participant

Sorry to see Cave DFA . I hope we recoup something for him.

coryankee
    Participant

Cave didn’t open any eyes this spring. He is 25 and crazy as it seems may not even be in the starting outfield in Scranton if Frazier, McKinney, and Florial are sent there, although Florial may be sent down another notch or two to start the season.

Yankyfan
    Participant

I would be shocked to see Florial Start in AAA. Cave had a great season last year and is a plus defender who can play all 3 OF spots and has a plus arm. His ST was blah but he is a player with some value. He for sure would be a Starting OF for SWB.

ChristIsKing
    Participant

I’ve been following Cave since he was in high school… It bugged me to see him go but the guy has one good season in AAA and was returned by the REDS…. the REDS…

Florial will probably start in Tampa and if he improves with the consistency he’s shown, the kid might be in the Hall of Fame by 2019… hehehe I know I sound like a Red Sox prospect hugger.

coryankee
    Participant

Learning from WIN METHOD, I totally endorse positive thinking. Nothing wrong with that philosophy. I learned baseball from my father and he could look at a kid in a minor league game and tell me to watch this kid move up and almost always he was right. Some of the youngsters display an aura of confidence and to reach the majors they just have to produce when it counts on the field to help their team win games.

Yankyfan
    Participant

I have seen Florial play a few time and as much talent as he has ,his issue is pitch recognition. Starting him at AAA would not be the right place for him at this time.

coryankee
    Participant

I agree, Florial likely to A, but possibly AA. If A he will be in AA before the season is over. Turning just 20, he has a good year or two to develop pitch recognition.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar