New York Yankees (MLB) The Yankees defeated the Cincinnati Reds 9-5 at home on Wednesday. This improves their record to 53-46, one game behind the Boston Red Sox in the American League East. The Tampa Bay Rays come to town tomorrow.
- Clint Frazier had two hits and two early RBIs to pace the offense. His average is up to .290
- Brett Gardner and Ronald Torreyes had two hits apiece.
- Todd Frazier added two hits, including his first HR as a Yankee (17).
- Didi Gregorius hit an HR in his 3rd consecutive game (16) and knocked in a pair.
- Jacoby Ellsbury went 0-4, K GIDP, 3 LOB
- Aaron Judge DNP
- Luis Severino went seven innings, allowing only five base runners (Votto 3 times) & 2 unearned runs. He said ruck out 9 and lowered his ERA to 3.03. Severino threw 112 pitches and earned his 7th victory. For the year he has pitched 128 innings and struck out 145.
- Luis Cessa came in for the 8th and allowed a 3-run homer.
Scranton RailRiders (AAA) 5-4 victory over the Norfolk Tides in 10 innings. Their overall record is 65-38.
- Miguel Andujar knocked in his 15th run for Scranton. He has 71 RBIs for the season, spread out over three levels.
- Mike Ford hit the go ahead HR in the 10th inning. Between Trenton and Scranton he has hit 17 HRs and driven in 66 runs.
- Jake Cave went 1-4, BB, 2 Runs, RBI and lowered his average to .374
- Chance Adams went seven innings, striking out 7 and allowed two runs. For the season, he has pitched 110.1 innings and struck out 106.
- Ben Heller picked up the win to even his record at (3-3).
Trenton Thunder (AA) 8-4 win against the Hartford Yard Goats. The victory improved their record to 69-33.
- Jorge Mateo went 1-4, BB, 2 Runs, Grand Slam. He has been on a tear since joining the Thunder. In 26 games, he has scored 23, knocked in 24, collected 15 extra base hits, as well as swiped 10 bases.
- Jalandhar Jackson went 3-4 with 2 Runs scored to raise his average to .395
- Brody Koerner pitched 6.1 innings, allowing two earned runs to improve or 3-2.
Tampa Yankees (Hi-A) with their 5-2 win over the Palm Beach Cardinals, Tampa extended their winning streak to 8 games. Bringing their average up to 60-42.
- Alexander Palma and Gasuke Katoh each had two hits and a RBI.
- Kyle Holder had two hits and knocked in a pair.
- Jose Mesa tossed 3.2 innings in his spot start, striking out 5.
Charleston RiverDogs (Lo-A) had a scheduled day off. Their record is 55-46
Staten Island (Short Season-A) had a scheduled day off. They will bring their record of 24-11 to Tri-City to begin a series on Thursday.
Pulaski (Rookie Advanced) 1-0 victory over Elizabethton. On the year. They are 24-11.
- Steven Sensley 1-3 HR (9) for the lone run of the game.
- Luis Medina made his United States debut, going 4.2 innings, struck out 2, one hit, 0 runs, 3 BBs. Josh Norris reported his fastball was 97-100. Here’s a story about Medina from the offseason.
- Carlos Espinal 3.2 IP, 3 K for the win (2-1)
- Kaleb Ort got the last two outs for his 6th save.
Gulf Coast League East Game 1 3-0 loss to Tigers.
- Ricky Surum 2-2
- Janson Junk 2 IP, one hit allowed
Gulf Coast League East Game 2 3-2 walk off win in 8 innings over the Tigers. Improved record to 13-11.
- Ricky Surum walk-off sac fly.
- Edward Paredes, Woody Bryson, and Aron Marinaccio combined to throw 5.1 shutout innings in relief.
Gulf Coast League West 4-3 victory over the Blue Jays. Their record is now 13-11.
- Oswald Peraza, Gustavo Campero, Griffin Garabito, and Brayan Jiminez with a RBI each.
- Nelson Correa went five innings for the win (2-0).
- Darius Vargas struck out 3 in 2 frames for the save.
Dominican Summer League Yankees lost 2-0 to the Phillies to drop their record to 18-27,
- Daisson Manzano went 4.2 IP, four hits, two runs, and three walks, and six strikeouts.
- Isaac Padilla 4.1 IP, 2 hits, 1 BB, 5 K.
Staten Is 24-11
GCL East 13-11
GCL West 13-11
Total 392-276 .586