With 153rd pick of the 2015 draft The New York Yankees selected right handed reliever Chance Adams. Adams is a pretty typical Yankees mid-draft draft, because he is a good reliever, with an above-average repertoire.
Below is a short interview with Adams, that should give fans a more detailed look at one of the newest Yankees.
How does it feel to be drafted by the Yankees? How did you find out you were selected?
- It is an honor to be drafted by the New York Yankees knowing their history and success. They talked to me before the draft and told me where they saw me in the draft and when the time came they called me and told me they were taking me. The feeling was indescribable
What type of pitches to you throw? How would you describe your approach on the mound? What current or former major league player do you think your game resembles.
- I throw a Fastball, Slider, Circle-Change, and a Cutter. When I am on the mound I really like to just attack hitters and go right after them. I really try to be like Trevor Rosenthal.
At this point in your career, what has been your favorite, or most memorable moment in baseball.
- My most Memorable moment has to be our win against Missouri State when we went to extra innings and won.
How do you think your experience at college will translate to professional baseball?
- I know it will be a huge stepping stone and I am very thankful for this opportunity.
Did you have a favorite team or player(s) growing up?
My favorite player growing up has always been Willie Mays, but my current favorite player is Trevor Rosenthal.
Are you looking to sign quickly and get your professional career started right away?
- Yes I have already signed and I am ready to get my career started.